Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone deal with O'Grady Peyton?

Anyone deal with O'Grady Peyton?

I am new to travel nursing and hope to start no later than the first of the year. I have dealt with Trustaff but was not happy with my recruiter. I am now talking to O'Grady Peyton. I really like my recruiter so far. Anyone ever use O'Grady Peyton?

Re: Anyone deal with O'Grady Peyton?

I have never travelled with them however they are a sponsor here and I can say that from Corporate down to the recruiters I have never had a even a conversation where I came away with a negative opinion. They have been first class all the way and I will recommend them without hesitation.

My wife is dealing with OGP at the moment.We are in South Africa looking to move to the USA.They have been extremely professional every step of the way and make it as hassle free as they can for the candidate.:luck:

I dealt with them in the past. Did not like them. My experience was negative. I was in Europe and was looking to return to US on travel assignment. I am American trained nurse, and did not need to sit the boards or apply for a green card. So processing me to return to the US would be easy. At that time I had eight years experience in both the US and Europe. They did not give me a travel assignment stating I had not enough experience.

At that time I felt they were only looking at foreign nuses, so they could offer crappy pay and hold control over the nurses because of the work permits. Many foreign nurses end up having to sign up for 18 to 24 months because of the process of sitting the boards and the work permits. When nurses complain they are reminded in no certain manner that it was OGP that got them the work permits and leaves the Nurse thinking they (OGP) will pull their sponsorship.

Ok that was over 6 years ago and I never posted my experience because at that time I had only my experience and opion. Last year I was on assignment where there were a lot of travel nurses at the facility. These travel nurses were placed there by one of AMN companies which includes OGP. (Please note OGrady Peyton is part of AMN services the following are companies that are part of AMN : O'Grady Peyton, American Mobile, NursesRx, Nurse Choice, Prefered Healthcare Staffing.)

Having talked with nurses particularly Nurses from abroad that were placed by OGP all were not happy with OGP. Many complained of crappy housing. One nurse who traveled from abroad (who had their Green Card) when pushed issues with recruiter was told that she needed to remember she was here on a temporary visa and she needed to remember who sponsored her. She reminded her recruiter that she had her own papers and it was not OGP that sponsored her. Heard simalar complains.

So I guess my experience and my conclussion was correct.

Unhappy Re: Anyone deal with O'Grady Peyton?

They are owned by Cross Country the Evil Empire

I am looking for an assignment in the UK. I am an American nurse, educated in America and currently on a travel assignment in California. I want to work in the UK. Is this possible? What agency do I contact? I would appreciate any information.

Thumbs down Anyone deal with O'Grady Peyton?

I worked with OGP from 2005-2007 and would advise against anyone working with them.:mad:
    I am an English RN and they were,I believed at the time, the only company that could get me the boards,green card and job here in the US.Now I know differently.
    They totally screwed us over.Yes we got the green card, job and the boards as they promised but that was the last thing they did right for us.
    The company was very unprofessional and one office never seemed to know what the other office was up to.They would ask me repeatidly for the same paperwork that I had already submitted and requested paperwork that they did not need.
    They screwed up my pay and it took them 10 weeks to sort it out!!
    My last contract with them expired in January of this year and I had the biggest party!
    You may think it's just an isolated case but it's not.Over the 2 years I was with them, I met 5 other nurses who where with them and 4 of them had problems.They ranged from issues with health to location and pay and no one resigned with them. The only reason I stayed with them for 2 years was because it was in the contract that I "owed" them this time beacause of all the "trouble" they had o go through to get me my job over here!!
    I am now with RN and have no problems and it has been a totally different experience, everything I was led to believe that travel nursing should be.

Wink Re: Anyone deal with O'Grady Peyton?

O'Grady Peyton is one of a group of companies with the Parent company being American Mobile not Cross Country.

CJ www.TravelNurseToolbox.com

Try calling RTG Medical - they are great I would check them out - if you want my personal recruiters name let me know !!

Have a great day :rose:

I have been traveling for a while and I was with TNS. My experience was horrible. I was recently went with Teamstaffrx. I will let everyone know how this works out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast