Thread: Anyone know anything about O'Grady Peyton?

Anyone know anything about O'Grady Peyton?

I am new to travel nursing and hope to start no later than the first of the year. I have dealt with Trustaff but was not happy with my recruiter. I am now talking to O'Grady Peyton. I really like my recruiter so far. Anyone ever use O'Grady Peyton?

Thumbs down Re: Anyone know anything about O'Grady Peyton?

Oh yes! I know OGP! And my advice is to STAY WELL AWAY.
    I'm an English nurse and going with them was the only way to get the boards,get a job over here etc.. so that's the only reason I went with them.If I had the time over again thre is no way on this planet that I'd use them again. My recuitor in the UK was really nice too,promisies made and I got on board and then once you're hooked,the promisises fade away. I wanted to work in Fl where I have family & friends,good solid background of support considering I was leaving everything behind in the UK.Did they care? Did they hell as like! I was told that 'there were no jobs for travel urses in Fl"!!! Who did they think they were kidding? The country is crying out for nurses everywhere,but apparently not florida!
    I really didn't like where I was placed in NC and eventually requested to be moved.After 5 clinical leason people I actually had one that was good at her job.She got me moved within a few weeks.
    I had a MAJOR issue with pay and it took them 11 months to sort it out!!!!!
    They are always asking me for paperwork that I have sent in and noone seems to know what is going on in a different office and who has requested what.
    To me this company is all about the revenue that nurses bring in and they don't treat their staff like people,just money makers.I left everything I knew in the Uk to come work over here but they didn't care and it showed in how they treated me.I was just a name and a $ sign to them.
    No way would I recomend them and I am counting the weeks (4) until my contract ends with them. The reason I am still with them is that I am on long term contract and "owe" them so many hours.Believe me,if I could have afforded to buy myself out,I would have.

Re: Anyone know anything about O'Grady Peyton?

Yes I am American Nurse, trained in the USA and O'Grady Peyton refused to offer me a travel contract when I was returning from Europe stating that I had not enough experience. I believe they did not want to touch me as by not having to arrange for me to sit for State Boards of Nursing exam as I am licensed in the States and or work papers they could not walk over me like they do to forgein trained nurses.

I have heard nothing but complaints from those that have traveled with OGP. Please note OGrady Peyton is part of AMN Services which the following companies are part of : O'Grady Peyton, American Mobile, NursesRx, Nurse Choice, Prefered Healthcare Staffing.

Watch with whom you travel.

Re: Anyone know anything about O'Grady Peyton?

I am soooo glad it's not just me that have had a problem with them,I got to thinking that I was the only one who was having major issues.I am in the US with at least 5 other OGP nurses and at least 3 of them have had some kind of problems with them.
    I can't believe that you,desertangel,have issues with being a US trained nurse but then I remember who we're dealing with!!
    Anyway,just to reiterate it---I wouldn't touch OGP with a greasy stick so please be very cautious with who you travel.