Thread: This is scary.....

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

This is scary.....

This reminds me of the tampered bottles years ago: 11 million bottles of acetaminophen recalled in U.S.

Re: This is scary.....

And an update on the story: Massive recall of acetaminophen underway

Exclamation Re: This is scary.....

I wonder when these tablets were first contaminated. Back in February of 2004 my husband was admitted to the ICU with what we thought was a GI bleed. He was hypotensive with a BP of 50/30 and tachycardic with a rate in the 140s. The biopsy from the colonoscopy showed ischemic colitis. To this day his docs have never been able to determine the cause of the ischemic colitis. My husband has a bad back and he takes Tylenol for pain. This problem really stumped everyone since you normally do not see this type of problems in a healthy young male, early 30s.

Re: This is scary.....

Here is another link to the story: Broad recall of acetaminophen under way Don't forget, Tylenol is also cytotoxic to the liver if one takes more than 4 grams a day. I've seen what it can do......

"Cat"

Exclamation Re: This is scary.....

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post
    Here is another link to the story: Broad recall of acetaminophen under way Don't forget, Tylenol is also cytotoxic to the liver if one takes more than 4 grams a day. I've seen what it can do......

"Cat"

I have always made certain that he does not take more than the recommended daily amount of acetaminophen. Since he does use Tylenol on a daily basis his doctor checks his LFTs at least every 6 months and they have always been WNL. He has had every test you can imagine from arteriograms to 30 day event holter monitor to stress test to echo. So far everything has been normal, thank goodness. His doc says this could have been an isolated even and there is a good chance we will never know what caused the ischemic colitis to start with. He was so worried at first that he would not allow us to move back to AUstralia 2 years ago because of the time required in a pressurized plane. We are just now being allowed to move back next month.