Thread: How to organize?

How to organize?

this is my first posting. i am a nurse in nebraska looking to start a union. i have contacted UAN and SEIU, no one has returned my calls. i have been working on this for over two months, i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thumbs up Re: How to organize?

Check out http://www.calnurse.org/[/url] this labor union has a National Nurse 0rganizing arm.........

Re: How to organize?

I am from NE also & I am very interested in a union as other RN's I work with...
    I don't know where to start either

Quote Originally Posted by abneb View Post
    this is my first posting. i am a nurse in nebraska looking to start a union. i have contacted UAN and SEIU, no one has returned my calls. i have been working on this for over two months, i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.
    Better be sure what you wish to fight for.

Smile Re: How to organize?

Organizing means better care, safer practices, nurses say at Detroit Medical Center System........... March backs unions at two DMC hospitals

Organize and fight for your rights RNs have the power to make a diffrent if united..... go to NNOC Index Page or got to California Nurses Association The NNOC is the national organizing arm of the California Nurses Association.

I've attended nursyz workshop

I've attended nursyz workshop, its a new organization formed in bay area. They got a pretty good concept, starting up a nursing community to review nursing workplace, we did it in the workshop and I've done it online too, it was awsome. Their theme " good hospital for nurses means good hospitals for patients." Their website is Nursyz.com. . Why don't you contact them, they might be able to help you start your own organization or hook up with them, Im starting mine by integrating with their system and they're helping, Im in Nevada.