Thread: North Carolina

North Carolina

Hi everyone,

I need some advice. I have recently started agency per diem nursing and would like to start traveling in March or April. I have my agency working on trying to find me an opportunity in North Carolina in ED. Have you had a good experience or bad experience in any of the hospitals in North Carolina. I would love to hear from you. Also, we will be RVing, so have any of you had a RV park that you stayed at that you would recommend?

Thanks for the info,
    rodggang

Cool Re: North Carolina

I worked in Durham Regional hospital in Durham part of the Duke health care system, which is about 40 miles from Raleigh.I was there for a year and a lot of the experience was very difficult. The staffing levels were not good and it would range from 4:1 on tele to 7:1 on a specific M/S floor. The charge nurses on some floors also seemed to have a problem with travellers and I may have been paranoid but I always seemed to get the "worst" pt's assignments..isolation,total care etc.. Actually I don't think I was paranoid because other travellers said the same thing. I found the floors very impersonal to the travelers and they didn't make life easy when thngs were getting tough. A lot of the RN's were nice but unfortunatly they didn't out number the ones that weren't.
    I wouldn't work back there and I would be careful of working for Duke health care system as a whole, I heard a lot of things about the Duke university hospital too,some not so good.
    Wake med in Raleigh,I didn't actually work there but I heard a ton of good things about it. A non profit hospital but with a very good reputation, it's about 10 mins outside of downdown and very good access to the freeway so it gets it's fair share of trauma.
    hope things work out for you.

Re: North Carolina

1 or 2 bedroom condo [/B]available at St. James Plantation, N.C.. Minutes from Brunswick Community Hospital and Dosher Memorial. Newly furnished and re-decorated. Washer/dryer, cable, central A/C. Beautiful gated community with private security, indoor pool, recreation center, 4 golf courses. kms30533@hotmail.com