Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who did the LPN to RN route?

Wink Re: Who did the LPN to RN route?

Hi all
    I too did the LPN to RN route, before LPN I was a Pt Care Tech (Like a CNA except we performed phlebotomy, EKG's and foley insertion/removal). I have to say that the best nurses clinically that I have ever encountered were Diploma nurses and LPN bridge nurses. The clinical experiences gained far surpass todays BSN programs. This is applicable only to the state of Missouri which is where I reside and work. I was frustrated by limitation and perceptions (not to mention low pay) regarding LPN's a lot of the time while an LPN, however I think the overall experience makes me a better nurse today

Re: Who did the LPN to RN route?

I'm currently doing a LPN to RN bridge...
    J. Tworoger, LPN
    Medical-Surgical
    Emergency Department
    Currently Overloaded RN Student

Re: Who did the LPN to RN route?

Same here
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][U][B]Marie[/B][/U], RN in O.R, pursuing BSN, semester [U]?[/U] of [U]?[/U]:)[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Supposedly 8 out of 10 people suffer from hemorrhoids. Does that mean that the other 2 people [I]enjoy[/I] them???:confused:[/B][/FONT]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/B]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My little peapod has arrived :).[/FONT][/B]

Thumbs up Re: Who did the LPN to RN route?

I did it! I am guilty....:houra:

Re: LPN before RN

Quote Originally Posted by nursesixty8 View Post
    i went to LPN school first and i am glad i did. never worked in the medical field before just always i knew i wanted to be a nurse. school was very hard and trying to take alot in in a very short time. working as an lpn let me put my skills together and use them and get use to job, i have learned more on the floor than i ever did in school, but i learn better with hands on. co-workers are welling to answer any questions no matter how stupid they are. now i am back in school for my RN. i understand things better now.
    This person sounds almost identical to me!

I knew I always wanted to be a nurse, but I was still a little too immature for RN programs right out of high school. I ended up getting my LPN first, then I got some great experiences in hospitals around here. It helped to do it for agency work while I was in school too! Then I graduated 5 years ago - and I think it is the best thing I have ever done. I have even MORE job options open to me now. The pay is much better than that of an LPN too. My life all around has just gotten much better since I got my degree. I only went as far as an ADN, but now I am considering taking a few courses here and there towards a BSN, and then who knows from there!

Good luck to you.

Incidentally, my 'old' license plate used to be "LPN 2 RN"

Thumbs up

I, too, have gone from nursing assistant to LPN to RN. I appreciate the experiences I have gain in the "steps" I have taken to get where I am today.
    ER-RN

It is alright to get tired, but, never give up."

Proud Grancama!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12