Thread: How should I recruit for you?

Smile How should I recruit for you?

Nurses-

I am a healthcare recruiter, with Martin Fletcher and Associates. In lieu of the New Year I am looking for ways to improve my ways.

I have experience in calling nurses at home after they have posted resumes on various websites, cold calling from a database of over one million names, and cold calling into hospitals (my least favorite method).

What is most important to you as a nurse? If you are looking for a permanent job opportunity, what can I do to ensure I find you the best position? I have limited opportunities and find that more times than not, I am not able to fit the geographic specifications desired, but what else can I do for you?

How should I approach you over the phone when I call you at home? at work?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Connor Bartley

Re: How should I recruit for you?

Quote Originally Posted by CBartley123 View Post
    Nurses-

I am a healthcare recruiter, with Martin Fletcher and Associates. In lieu of the New Year I am looking for ways to improve my ways.

I have experience in calling nurses at home after they have posted resumes on various websites, cold calling from a database of over one million names, and cold calling into hospitals (my least favorite method).

What is most important to you as a nurse? If you are looking for a permanent job opportunity, what can I do to ensure I find you the best position? I have limited opportunities and find that more times than not, I am not able to fit the geographic specifications desired, but what else can I do for you?

How should I approach you over the phone when I call you at home? at work?.

Thank you,

Connor Bartley
    You call at work? To recruit nurses? If so then, that only intrudes on the nurse's busy routines. Many deem it unprofessional to be cold-called at work. It is no different than an unsolisited (sp) sales person calling you at home. An annoyance.

For myself, If I have not given you my phone number, the first thing I ask is how you got my number. I do not like unsolisited calls.

The most important to me as a nurse is pay. I want to know your base pay per hour. What you housing stipend is in the area I want to go, how much per month I have to pay for medical bennies, etc. I want to know if you have any contracts in the area I want to go. If I say Virginia Beach,VA, do not try to talk me into Half Moon Bay,CA. (Yes, I have had this happen).

Honesty is a big thing with me. if you cannot do something or give me what I want, that is ok, I may not use you, BUT do keep in mind that I talk to many many travel nurses, and I tell about my experiences. You may not have what I want, but you may have what someone else wants....Or I may wish to go where you have contracts at another time.

If I solisit your agency and you are calling me at home, remind me of who you are and your agency's name, and where you are based out of. Many recruiters call and I may not have my notes in front of me when you/I called before. (Yes, I always take notes of the conversations I have, it keeps things straight as to which agency offers what)

Don't get pissy when I recieve a contract and there are things in it that we had not spoke of and I refuse to sign. I've recieved contracts that stated I had to pay money back if I was cancelled for low census--My hours are guaranteed and I should not be penailized for low census--I do not sign this...You either change it or I move on. I do not always like surprises.

I will also call the nurse manager who I interviewed with and briefly explain that "I had recieved the contract and it is NOT what the recruiter and I had spoke of and from a business stand-point I am unable to sign and they refuse to change it. I really was looking forward to working on the unit I interviewed for and If possible, would they give my names of other agencies I could utilize." (Yes, I have done this and have recieved names of other agencies and have gone with other agencies at the hospital I interviewed with). This is a business. My lively-hood.

Are recruiters RNs, or are they just.....................recruiters?
    Mr. Starling

Point within the circle!

Quote Originally Posted by starlingcv View Post
    Are recruiters RNs, or are they just.....................recruiters?
    Some are RNs,some LVNs, some .....just recruiters.

I am not a Registered Nurse, I fall into the "simply a recruiter" catagory, but as I have been doing this for some time, I have been fortunate enough to learn some a lot about the profession. I am grateful everyday for the job I have. Being able to help those who help others everyday. It is extremely rewarding.