Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's get started!

Let's get started!

Hi! My name is Michelle and I've been a peds nurse for 7 years. Actually, one of my years was as an ER nurse, so I guess that means 6 yrs of peds. There are no posts here. This just can't remain completely empty like this. Where are the peds nurses? Let's talk! The ER nursing forum has lots of posts. I know they have a lot of weird stuff to talk about, but so do we. RSV season is upon us now and we're seeing a lot of that.
    Michelle RN-BSN, CSW
    ER - 1 year
    Peds - 8 years
    PACU - just starting

Re: Let's get started!

I just couldn't let u sit here all by your lonesome, apparently wearing proper PPE for RSV season.

Peds float rn
    Cincinnati

Haha! Thanks! You made me laugh.
    Michelle RN-BSN, CSW
    ER - 1 year
    Peds - 8 years
    PACU - just starting

Hi. I have a few questions: I recently left pediatric interventional radiology for ER. The meds I gave in Xray were all IV. When giving IM injections in kids, what guidelines do you use for choosing IM site? (thigh vs glut) Also what is the max volume (cc) in ped IM injections? I have spent hours on the web and can't find any real info. There was the mention of a chart that listed volume of injection based on weight. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Smile Re: Let's get started!

Hello All, I am a Pedi nurse as well. I was working in a NICU until this past summer when I left after being diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. :mad: Now I am working overnights doing telephone triage for pediatric practices all over the state. Its a living but I miss the actual patient care. supedrn, to answer your questions, it has probably been about six years since I have given an injection to anyone weighing more than 15lbs but for the most part we always use the thigh and NEVER use more than 2cc per site in a term infant. That however may just be hosptial policy and not evidence based practice!

PICU nurse here. Travel nursing for a living right now. Where is everyone? Looking for a next assignment. Here of anywhere NOT to go?

In kids under age 6 I always use the thigh and I don't go higher than 1.5cc in an injection site. In babies I tend to keep it smaller if possible because otherwise it leaks out.
    Michelle RN-BSN, CSW
    ER - 1 year
    Peds - 8 years
    PACU - just starting

Hey I am a new nurse and working in the NICU. What are some of your suggestions to destress? :39:

I Am New To Pediatrics. I Have Always Worked Geriatrics, So When I Started My New Job In Hh, They Asked If I Would Work With Pediatric Patients. This Is Totally New To Me, So I Will Be Checking In Frequently For Ideas.
    Does Anyone Have A Good Site To Go To For Information On G-buttons. All I Have Ever Worked With Was Tubes. Love The Buttons!!!!!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Here's a site with info. on buttons......hope it helps! http://www.upstate.edu/uhpated/pdf/p...tomybutton.pdf

'Cat'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast