Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Travel company woes

Re: Travel company woes

If you want a good travel company than you need to look into Nursing Innovations! We can get you out on an assignment quickly and painlessly!!! We have the ability to tailor the assignment to meet your needs.
    Our recruiters are also nurses and know exactly what your needs will be. They are always there for you. Currently we have some wonderful opportunities and great pay rates. Please call and ask to speak with one of our travel recruiters and we will be glad to get you what you need and deserve!

Jennifer Judge
    www.nursesrock.com
    Nursing Innovations
    1-888-357-3532
    (or reply to post)

Try Emerald Health Services. They are a great company to work for in CA. I have done an assignment with them and am planning to do another. They work only in CA. They are friendly and very attentive to my needs. Their # is 800-917-5055. My recruiter is Amir. He is great. Give them a call if you are still planning to go to CA. Think you would be pleased.

Do you know how to tell when your recruiter is lying? His lips are moving! It's the same all over, Recruiters are salesmen, no more no less. They get you to sign on and sell you as cheap as they can and blow smoke about the pay cut. I must say the WORST company I have dealt with in 5 years of traveling is Absolute Nursing. Details at www.absolutenursingsux.com

Deb,

Sorry about your experience so far with agencies! I know it can be very frustrating for a new traveler. I was a recruiter for one of the "Big Guys" for several years, and I can tell you there are problems in just about every company. Some agencies have more issues than others, but the recruiters generally mean well. The larger companies tend to have a VERY HIGH TURNOVER rate with recruiters, so getting to speak with the same person twice is a real treat!

I am now with a smaller company, that offers amazing contracts without the traveler having to sacrifice other benefits! We are also very proactive in finding travelers the assignments THEY WANT. Most travelers are very specific about where they want to go, and the "Big Guys" have allot of orders to fill. What happens is, travelers get pushed in to taking jobs that they really don't care for. Since we do things differently, we have a very high traveler satisfaction rate! Our company has also won numerous awards for diversity, business ethics & community service!

I would be happy to discuss your plans with you, and provide any assistance you may need! Please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Take care!

Cyndee Miller
    Senior Medical Recuiter
    ClientSolv Healthcare
    cyndee@clientsolv.com
    888-500-7658 ext 32

a good place to find a travel company is this website you are on now. look in the reviews of travel companies and you will read recommendations. i have been jerked around by coremd and intelistaf big time and not at all surprised to find poor reviews by my peers on ultimatenurse.com for these two companies. two of the highest rated companies on the site are rnnetwork 100% and HMS 86%. this means alot to me cuz the reviews are by people that have worked for these companies and what others have said about coremed and intelistaf are exactly the same problems i encountered. so there is truth in what is being said. good luck.

Wink Re: Travel company woes

I am on my first assignment as a traveler. I am in NC. I signed this contract with O Grady Peyton. My recuiter is Deb. She has been great and I have had no surprises or problems with checks etc. as many of you have complained. Hope I don't run into these problems. Good luck finding something.

Cool Re: Travel company woes

Some companies are not what they may appear to be,the first 1 or 2 assignments may be great but make sure you have everything promised in writing. make sure you research the companies before you travel,if you have a good company,stay with them as long as you can.
    I have travelled for 2 -13 weeks assignment in 2003, with cross-country, my recruiter was wonderful,' Kate L', she is no more with this company,however all my checks were on time and I had very good apartments; the onlybad things was, the salary could have been better, and, where I went for my first assignment- I will never return and will discourage anyone if I can. Never go to doctors in corpus Christi if you can help it for you will be on your own; I counted the weeks,days, and hours.Most nurses acted as if they knew it all and they were better than you;they cursed like sailors and smoked like chimneys; it was awful.
    The good thing is it is only for 13 weeks,at the end you can move on.
    I am ready to travel again and signed up with a new company called S+J, you all can check it out if you want good benefits. I'll keep you all posted.

First, I would suggest, educate yourself on the pros and cons of traveling nursing.Second,network with other travelers. You have started here.I have traveled with several companies and have had great experiences.I compare travel nursing to being a novice nurse, you learn and grow as you go. Good Luck.

Question Re: Travel company woes

Hello Travel world. I have been in the Travel "Business" for 6 years now.I have been looking for a forum like this ,however I am a RRT and was wondering if my comments on here about Traveling and Traveling compaines, pros& Cons are ok to post here. I have been with several of the companies that I have seen posted and would like to post my success with some of them , and failures with others. I also know of other RTT Travlers that would like to have some input. Any replies to this would be great.! Thanks! Geroge

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Hi, George! Welcome aboard! I don't see any reason why you can't post. We can always use your experience...

'Cat'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast