Thread: update to my positive amphetamine "issue"

update to my positive amphetamine "issue"

My second urine came back clean! Yay!!! But I'm still really concerned as to why I even tested positive. Just kind'f scary thinking a lab could possibly make a mistake on something so huge. Thanks for all your feedback I hope this doesn't happen again.

Red face Re: update to my positive amphetamine "issue"

Congratulations!!! i know it really stinks to think your hard work can go down the drain for something as small as that. I get ETG testing, and i haven't had so much as cookie dough in the last 6 months. I stumbled onto all the sites about false positives a few months ago trying to find out how much the test costs. after that false amphetamine, i am taking no chances.

how long between the time you tested (initially) and you got your "positive" result? Were you able to pin anything down? Whatever you find it to be, stay away from it!!!

Re: update to my positive amphetamine "issue"

I tested on a Friday and got results on a Tuesday (memorial day weekend). I called the lab yesterday to find out how they test and if they do a split sample. The guy I spoke to didn't know anything about split samples (argh) but did say the run the test in a "machine" and if it comes back postive, then that's it...no follow up. I've tried to think of everything I've ingested, food, drink, everything. Nothing comes to mind. Here's hoping it doesn't happen again.

Re: update to my positive amphetamine "issue"

I'm glad they notified you so quickly, rather than addressing your contract, giving you more time and such. I forgot to add diet pills, most of them will give that result, even now that ephedrine and pseudophedrine are no more. (i think it's still in Claritin, but it's behind the counter.)

i'm very glad for you!! I'm also glad your program is working with you, some of these nurses hit brick wall after brick wall their their programs/Board. Good luck!!