Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unionizing Texas RNs

Thumbs up Unionizing Texas RNs

New legislation for 2007........ http://www.calnurses.org/nnoc/texas/

Re: Unionizing Texas RNs

I hope it works, and the working conditions and patient safety improve in Texas.

Cool Re: Unionizing Texas RNs--WHY?

Why does it take unions and government mandates to get hospitals to put patient safety first??

I realize that I sound so naive...the almighty dollar, after all! But a good name is highly to be prized, and when the community knows that a particular hospital provides GOOD NURSING CARE consistently, won't patients ASK to be sent there?? Won't nurses want to work there??

I know I would.

Crouse

Thumbs up Re: Unionizing Texas RNs

Calling all nurses, Feb.21st at Austin TX. :houra: :houra: :houra: http://www.calnurses.org/nnoc/texas

Unions in Texas? Texas is a Right to Work state, so how does the NNOC apply regards to the state level, i.e. Texas RN's?

This is a very interesting topic for me [& my wife] since we hold Texas RN license.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Thumbs up Re: Unionizing Texas RNs

The sad fact is that Texas nurses do not have the support they need to do their job. But wait,change in the wind direction is coming :cheers: http://www.statesman.com/opinion/con...akes_edit.html

Quote Originally Posted by MagRedC5 View Post
    Unions in Texas? Texas is a Right to Work state, so how does the NNOC apply regards to the state level, i.e. Texas RN's?

This is a very interesting topic for me [& my wife] since we hold Texas RN license.
    Right to work laws only restrict the concept of 'closed shops', that is a nurse may not be compelled to join-pay for collective bargining. Nurses may organize and compell bargining thruout America.
    Look at the middle class in right to work states compared to unrestricted states. Workers who tolerate those laws are stupid and thier lawmakers are corrupt...

justatraveler

Quote Originally Posted by mared View Post
    Calling all nurses, Feb.21st at Austin TX. :houra: :houra: :houra: Texas Index Page

FEB 21 has come and gone.

Update???????:39:

justatraveler

Quote Originally Posted by BoxerRob View Post
    Right to work laws only restrict the concept of 'closed shops', that is a nurse may not be compelled to join-pay for collective bargining. Nurses may organize and compell bargining thruout America.
    Look at the middle class in right to work states compared to unrestricted states. Workers who tolerate those laws are stupid and thier lawmakers are corrupt...
    Whoa isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. CNA is not uncorrupt nor are many unions.

Stopunions - Home

Cool Re: Unionizing Texas RNs

I recently interviewed for a day traveler position in a Texas hospital. The RN manager was very nice. When I heard that the nurse to patient ratio was 6 or 7, I didn't blink an eye. Been there, done that. BUT when I heard that the nurse does it all: baths, wound care, glucose checks, vital signs, etc. as well as general nursing duties and few if any CNAs available, I backed off like lightening. I will not challange my license with a load like that. I wonder how any RN can do the job well and safely at this hospital. By the way, the nurse manager called me back twice.
    I don't know if a union would help, but nurses have to stand up for themselves sometime.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast