Thread: New member

Hi, I just registered. I have been browsing & love all the info in here. I have been contemplating on working again. It has been quite awhile since I was in a hospital setting. I really want to start but I guess I just lack confidence you know. Plus, everything has changed so much. I would love Neuro or OB/GYN.If I apply in a hospital will they be good in understanding that I would need alot of orientation? Any comments? I do miss nursing. Need to do quite a bit of reading for refreshing, dust off those cobwebs in my brain. What do you think?

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: New member

Hi, angelo! Nice to meet you, and welcome to the site! I don't see why someplace wouldn't be understanding of you having been away for a while. And yeah, reviewing wouldn't hurt.

Stop by often, and let us know how things go!

'Cat'

Hello & welcome! How long have you been away from hospital nursing? Is your nursing license still current? The type of orientation you get depends on each individual department's policy & how badly they need you in the numbers. I'd think it would be easier [compared to neuro] to get back into Ob/Gyn since these patients type of care is very specific and in most cases they are very healthy otherwise.

Good luck!
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Quote Originally Posted by MagRedC5 View Post
    Hello & welcome! How long have you been away from hospital nursing? Is your nursing license still current? The type of orientation you get depends on each individual department's policy & how badly they need you in the numbers. I'd think it would be easier [compared to neuro] to get back into Ob/Gyn since these patients type of care is very specific and in most cases they are very healthy otherwise.

Good luck!
    Thank You. Yes, my license is current. I worked a year ago in an Assisted living facilty for a year. That was my first job I took upon returning. I was the only nurse for 57 residents. I love neuro because of personal history. So I know quite a bit about neuro. However, Ob/Gyn is more of a happier place to work. I will keep ya posted. Thank You for replying.

Thank You and nice to meet you too.

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post
    Hi, angelo! Nice to meet you, and welcome to the site! I don't see why someplace wouldn't be understanding of you having been away for a while. And yeah, reviewing wouldn't hurt.

Stop by often, and let us know how things go!

'Cat'