Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Student concern w/obtaining 1st license

Re: Student concern w/obtaining 1st license

I'm now leaning towards delaying my schooling, at least in nursing, until I don't have to answer any questions in the positive that are on the nursing license application. I may just chuck it altogether.

I read a good many of the threads on the VOY site...and now wonder who I'd be working for...the BON or the people in need. It appears the BON bases all its decisions re: nurses in recovery on a notoriously flawed test, the Etg.

Who knows, if I wait 3 years to get into nursing school, what may happen in the meantime.

My regards to all the folks in the profession who are having their lives ripped apart by these tyrannical BONs. Reason, apparently, has no seat at their table. It's really heartbreaking, and my heart goes out to all of you.
    Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it. -Jane Wagner

I'm beginning to feel like this is my personal blog:

Spoke to Dawn, on the Oregon BON. She told me to document everything including letters of reference from employer and fellow students and I probably would not have a problem. I asked about the EtG test and she said it was accurate and that what's on the web is blown out of proportion.

I have calls in at CO and ID and awaiting calls back.

Soooo...that's what I know.
    Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it. -Jane Wagner

Wink Re: Student concern w/obtaining 1st license

It looks like you posted alot Fuzzie. I don't know anything about BON. But, being a nurse isn't all it is cracked up to be at times. Then there are the days you say "I got paid for that" But, they don't like any kind of drugs even legal alcohol to be a problem. There is alot of addiction in medical fields... So, they are tough about it. I have loved about 3/4 of my nursing experience. But, the 1/4 was a ... well you understand. But, I was a floor (hospital) nurse for my 17 years. :luck:

Spoke with BONs in CO, ID, OR...no problem getting license...CO is the only state that will require me to be a part of the monitoring program.

Funny, since that is the state I live in and wish to leave??!!

Today I have to put my dog down. I've learned a lot having to care for a geriatric dog...she wakes up in a puddle of pee every morning...even with her diaper on. I know it's off topic, but she's my baby...i'm really sad...

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Sorry to hear about your dog, fuzzie; I understand the pain tooo well, having had to put my own down several years ago.

Good luck on leaving CO after school; I don't blame you at all. I do believe that, once you take boards, you can indicate where you want to get your license from......

'Cat'

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post
    Sorry to hear about your dog, fuzzie; I understand the pain tooo well, having had to put my own down several years ago.
    Grief is the price we pay when we love...but it pales when compared with the pleasure and happiness they bring to our lives. I will always be a dog owner...after I get outta nursing school that is.

Thanks Cat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12