Thread: Question for non-US nurses applying for NCLEX

Question Question for non-US nurses applying for NCLEX

Hello..I'm new here....

I'm a Filipino RN and applying for NCLEX...a first timer...

In this site: State of Illinois - Nurse, Registered Professional Licensure Applications , there are 2 choices for application in it. The 1st is Registered Professional Nurse Examination Packet , and the 2nd one is Registered Professional Nurse Endorsement Packet.

...Now, which one should I choose?.....

Hope you could help me on this guys... Thanks in advance..

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Question for non-US nurses applying for NCLEX

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzofmetallica View Post
    Hello..I'm new here....

I'm a Filipino RN and applying for NCLEX...a first timer...

In this site: State of Illinois - Nurse, Registered Professional Licensure Applications , there are 2 choices for application in it. The 1st is Registered Professional Nurse Examination Packet , and the 2nd one is Registered Professional Nurse Endorsement Packet.

...Now, which one should I choose?.....

Hope you could help me on this guys... Thanks in advance..

The Endorsement packet is if you are already licensed in another state; thus, your logical choice would be #1 (Licensure Application).

Are you presently living in Illinois?

'Cat'

Thumbs up Re: Question for non-US nurses applying for NCLEX

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post

The Endorsement packet is if you are already licensed in another state; thus, your logical choice would be #1 (Licensure Application).

'Cat'
    I'm only licensed here in the Philippines..... The reason I asked this because my former drummer, who is also an RN here and just recently passed the NCLEX in Illinois, he used the Endorsement Packet in his application....

Anyway, as you have said, the logical choice is the #1 Packet...Actually I already filled-up the packet #1 .. I just need a confirmation from the people here...

Thank you so much Cat....

I've heard from others that it is a long and expensive road to go from another country to become a nurse in the US.

Are you comng here through a sponsoring hospital/facility as a nurse? It is difficult for me to imagine leaving everything I know to go to work in a foreign country.

Keep us posted.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    NursingA2Z.com, Nursefriendly Nursing & Healthcare Directories

Thumbs up Re: Question for non-US nurses applying for NCLEX

Quote Originally Posted by nursinghumor View Post
    I've heard from others that it is a long and expensive road to go from another country to become a nurse in the US.

Are you comng here through a sponsoring hospital/facility as a nurse? It is difficult for me to imagine leaving everything I know to go to work in a foreign country.

Keep us posted.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    NursingA2Z.com, Nursefriendly Nursing & Healthcare Directories
    You are very right about that. Very expensive! So, there's no room for failing the NCLEX

Yes, I have a sponsor there. Actually it's my dad's employer :houra: Their company renders home care. But my dad works there as an HR manager......

The difficult thing with this is leaving my brothers back home, my friends, my band and many good memories....but I need to do this to have a better future for my family and my girlfriend(also a nurse and about to take the NCLEX very soon), if we have our own family.

Anyway, thanks for the concern....

Dan Dizon, RN
    (Friendster - Dan D Man ; Fade of Black Band ; www.myspace.com/fadeofblack ; SoundClick artist: Fade of Black - Fade of Black, Pinoy Heavy Metal band ; Friendster - Fade of Black)

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post

'Cat'
    hello..i caught this thread and i have question regarding the packet..

i have downloaded the packet 1 and im a bit confused. the detailed information instructs that the nurse applicant should direct the licensing agency and school to send the forms (validation of license) to send the forms back to me but 2nd page of CT-NUR form says that the forms should not be returned to the applicant but should be sent to La grange IL.. what should be the case here?

would you happen to know if the licensing agency in my case, its PRC(of Philippines) assess fee to process the form? i don't know if should send the forms with stamp. ( now im not sure if that works or what..)

Illinois requires:1. CES report 2. TOEFL 3.NCLEX to practice as a nurse. I have started working with cgfns by processing a CES report in their website. now, do i wait till the CES report is completed or should i apply for nclex at the same time im processing the CES report?

btw, happy new year to you and your family!

thanks,
    Red