Thread: Looking to relocate to California ... San diego, LA or San fransisco. Perminant posit

Looking to relocate to California ... San diego, LA or San fransisco. Perminant posit

Ive been a nurse in a small community hospital for 3 years. Franklin Medical Center, affiliated with baystate medical center. I work on a general med/surg tele floor. Deal with heperin drips, post op ortho, med surg patients, tele monitoring, stroke patients... basically a little bit of everything but nothing complex. I have a lot of experience with computer charting via Cerner. I am ACLS now, and Im looking to move on.

What Im specifically looking for are hospitals in one of the 3 cities that I listed above. Computerized charting, teaching hospital, with a broad spectrum of medical services provided to the community. A place where as I grow as a nurse, I can become more and more specialized within that hospital. Im specifically looking for telemetry as I absolutly love cardiac care.

I am not looking for a travel nursing position, but an actual perminant position. Any ideas for hospitals to research would be helpful, or a recruiter to actually discuss options would be ideal.

Thank you

Re: Looking to relocate to California ... San diego, LA or San fransisco. Perminant p

Mike-

You have to give me a call. My company represents opportunties in all the areas that you have listed. These are all permanent positions with relocation allowances and great facilities. I would love to hear more from you about what you are looking for professionally in order to help you find the best possible fit as well as tell you more about my company and what we can do for you. Please let me know what I can do to help.

Thank you,

Connor Bartley
    Martin, Fletcher and Associates
    Account Manager/Nurse Recruiter
    877 782-5989
    cbartley@martinfletcher.com
    www.martinfletcher.com

Question Re: Looking to relocate to California ... San diego, LA or San fransisco. Perminant p

Mike,
    I am not a recruiter, but I wanted to add my two cents to your post. I live in San Diego, CA and I am an RN that works critical care. Have you taken into consideration the housing cost here in CA? I think in all the cities you listed the average housing price is $400-500k. The traffic in your list of cities is incredible every day of the week. The majority of nurses here in CA cannot afford a home on their income alone without having to work overtime. I am considering leaving CA and going to the east coast just due to the cost of living. I just wanted to put those thoughts in your head before you head this way.

:endof:

Re: Looking to relocate to California ... San diego, LA or San fransisco. Perminant p

I would love to tell you about some of the premium full time opportunities out east BMFOTP. If you are looking for a lower cost of living, you and I need to talk.

Mike, if you are trying to get to San Diego, my company works with the higest paying hospital in the area for full time with excellent benefits. Please let me know when we can chat.

Thank you,
    Connor Bartley

Thumbs up Re: Looking to relocate to California ... San diego, LA or San fransisco. Perminant p

CBartley123

I am looking to go to the Raleigh, Durham-Chapel Hill area of North Carolina. If your company has any travel assignments and/or good permanent position in the previously mentioned area we can talk. I looked at your company website and the website says your company has assignments in NC, but not the location of the assignment in NC. If you want to send me some information privately, you are more than welcomed to do so.

Ill definantly be getting a hold of you soon. ATM I am doing an interview over at baystate medical center. If they dont give me what Im looking for in the respect of learning experience, Im going to get in touch with you. As far as houseing is concerned, I really am not that worried about it. Im 30, Im healthy, and I need a relocation of life. Im looking for a place that has an amazing single scene, nightlife, dinner, beaches, places to travel, and a bit of chaos all combined in one. Jesus, sounds like I need a recruiter who also is knowledgable as a travel agent for all things fun and good in california.

Well Mike, you just let me know what I can do for you and I will be ready to help you out.

My number is 877 782-5989, my name is Connor Bartley.

Thank you. Hope your interview goes well, but if not, you and I can explore some other options that will find you plenty of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePerkins View Post
    What Im specifically looking for are hospitals in one of the 3 cities that I listed above. Computerized charting, teaching hospital, with a broad spectrum of medical services provided to the community. A place where as I grow as a nurse, I can become more and more specialized within that hospital. Im specifically looking for telemetry as I absolutly love cardiac care.

I am not looking for a travel nursing position, but an actual perminant position. Any ideas for hospitals to research would be helpful, or a recruiter to actually discuss options would be ideal.

Thank you
    Mike, I am not a recruiter. I have not worked in Southern CA, As another stated, housing is out of this world here as is the horrid traffic. I have a friend on the Vallajo PD (by Oakland/SF), He commutes from north east Sacramento to work... The state is hiring nurses for various positions, do a search on the State of CA web site. As for floor nursing, the UCSF has a rep for being very busy and a great learning facility (I've not worked there) I would avoid most Kaisers as they are under a state wide investigation for numerous substandard care et al..Many facilities here are unionized and have greatly improved conditions/pay/retirement etc. 5 pts on med/surg is great, and I think it lowers to 4 soon. It is the law.... You could work in SF and commute, many do.

Try UCLA or LAC + USC Medical Center