Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scrubs

Re: Scrubs

This thread reminds me of a funny story from when I was in nursing school. The men had to wear standard white uniform pants (which was nice - with a zipper and belt loops and all) and a smock top with a "priest" collar (the white part).

One of my assigned patients was an elderly gentlemen named Wayne who got into an accident going the wrong way on the interstate. We called him "wrong-way-Wayne" and boy - he loved his Demerol.

Anyway, my instructor was popping in room to room looking for me and she asked Wayne if I had been in his room. He said no, then he said, "but the barber was just in here."

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Great. Thanks for the info guys. I'm a bit nervous about the entire nursing school process. Being a guy, I guess I'm not sure what to expect. Oh well, its only temporary.
    Being a guy is only temporary for you! :yikes:

:hahaha:
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Quote Originally Posted by TomB View Post
    This thread reminds me of a funny story from when I was in nursing school. The men had to wear standard white uniform pants (which was nice - with a zipper and belt loops and all) and a smock top with a "priest" collar (the white part).

One of my assigned patients was an elderly gentlemen named Wayne who got into an accident going the wrong way on the interstate. We called him "wrong-way-Wayne" and boy - he loved his Demerol.

Anyway, my instructor was popping in room to room looking for me and she asked Wayne if I had been in his room. He said no, then he said, "but the barber was just in here."

Tom
    Actually, way back when [exactly when I don't know] Barbers were also Doctors, or vis versa.

Quote Originally Posted by MagRedC5 View Post
    Actually, way back when [exactly when I don't know] Barbers were also Doctors, or vis versa.
    I know that barbers used to be surgeons at one time. Supposedly that is related to the origination of the barber pole with the red and white stripes. The stripes were originally bandages that were bloody and/or clean.

Here's a link I found.

16th Century Barber-Surgeons

Quote Originally Posted by Cammer View Post
    I know that barbers used to be surgeons at one time. Supposedly that is related to the origination of the barber pole with the red and white stripes. The stripes were originally bandages that were bloody and/or clean.

Here's a link I found.

16th Century Barber-Surgeons

:thumbsup:

I am also a large man and found out years ago that wearing suspenders under my scrubs is beneficial. I wear a lab coat because I keep so many supplies in the pockets. Most female nurses also wear a lab coat for the same reason.

umm wal-mart
    brett

ER RN

ambulance driver

"when it matters most"

we had to wear white pants and a royal blue top. :frustrated:

The top was different than the women's but it was by no means manly.
    The pants were tapered at the bottom so they didn't go over your shoe.

:firedup:

We had white lab coats that we were required to buy but I didn't wear mine one single time.

I had on navy blue bikini underwear one day during clinicals and the girls wouldn't let me hear the end of it. Everyone in the hospital knew, obviously...you could tell from a mile away. I just forgot to change before I left home.

IMO, it just gave all the girls an excuse to check out my backside :hahaha:

Original Question: Scrubs

Here is a website with scrubs you may like. Aviator Clothing Company. Aviatorscrubs I hope you find something you like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12