Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scrubs

Scrubs

Hey guys. I'm a nursing student and I'm trying to find a good place to get some scrubs made for guys. I have found some decent unisex ones, but I was just wondering if there was a good place that any of you have run across.

Also, I am not too psyched about the white scrubs and white lab coat I have to wear in clinicals :frustrated:

Anyway, thanks for the great forum. I'm interested in gleaning from the collective experience of all you guys.

Re: Scrubs

I always wear S.C.R.U.B.S. brand. They can be found at http://www.smartscrubs.com/ The material is very durable, the color holds well, and the seven pocket cargo pants rock. Hope this helps

Looks great. Thanks for the reply. One quick question, I am reading through my handbook and it says that I will need a white lab coat. Just curious as to what we need this for. I worked as a CNA before and only the doctors wore lab coats. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Looks great. Thanks for the reply. One quick question, I am reading through my handbook and it says that I will need a white lab coat. Just curious as to what we need this for. I worked as a CNA before and only the doctors wore lab coats. Thanks
    The line of thought being whenever you leave the clinical area to go to the cafeteria, or when you look over your patient's chart on your off time it is best to wear your white lab coat.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Personally i like the black scrub's or the dark navy,i buy from Life Uniforms they make alot of great scrubs for men.

Hope this helps
    Kyle

You get to wear scrubs during clinicals? We had to wear white slacks, white polo shirt, and a white vest that was supposed to be unisex but was obviously cut for the female torso. The buttons were on the wrong side too. This might be TMI, but I had to buy white underwear just so it wouldn't show through the white slacks.

I thought the student uniform was a bit humiliating and silly, especially for the few men that were in the program.

We only wore lab coats the night before clinical when we looked through patient charts to gather information for the clinical preps. My lab coat has gathered dust since.

Personally I like the Dic kies brand scrubs. I wear the six pocket cargo pants cuz I carry too much stuff around. I like the drawstring cuz I don't have hips and the elastic waistband falls down. I tend to gravitate toward the darker colors, like most men I guess.

I buy from Allheart.com because they have a separate section for men's scrubs. I've ordered from them many times. Fast and accurate shipping. No problems so far.

Here's the link AllHeart.com Scrubs, Medical Uniforms, Nursing Scrubs, Shoes, Littmann Stethoscopes, ****ies Scrubs, Medical Supplies

Well, we can wear scrubs, but they have to be white. I'm not too excited about that. I'm not a small guy and white is going to be really see-through. I'm thinking about getting a pair of white athletic shorts to wear underneath to not only help with the transparency, but also with the..um..."bending over" issues. Guess I will just have to try out different brands to see what works best for my frame.

Edit: Ok, so I looked at my handbook closer and apparently we are only allowed to wear Cherokee brand scrubs...not too pumped about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Edit: Ok, so I looked at my handbook closer and apparently we are only allowed to wear Cherokee brand scrubs...not too pumped about that.
    Hmm... I've tried Cherokee brand and found them to be overpriced and illfitting. I don't know how big you are, but if they don't make a size that fits you that would be a great way out of the brand requirement. Of course you may find that Cherokee fits you just fine.

I really found the whole uniform process during school demeaning, but I swallowed my pride and made the best of it. It was just another hoop for me to jump through so that I could go on. I have no regrets. The end result was worth it, even though most of the process was old-fashioned and geared towards making you feel more servile and dependant than professional and autonomous.

Nursing schools should take more notice of some of the methods that other professional schools use to increase self esteem, self worth, and pride in the students.

Wow... almost got off on another rant there. :39:

Quote Originally Posted by Cammer View Post
    Hmm... I've tried Cherokee brand and found them to be overpriced and illfitting. I don't know how big you are, but if they don't make a size that fits you that would be a great way out of the brand requirement. Of course you may find that Cherokee fits you just fine.

I really found the whole uniform process during school demeaning, but I swallowed my pride and made the best of it. It was just another hoop for me to jump through so that I could go on. I have no regrets. The end result was worth it, even though most of the process was old-fashioned and geared towards making you feel more servile and dependant than professional and autonomous.

Nursing schools should take more notice of some of the methods that other professional schools use to increase self esteem, self worth, and pride in the students.

Wow... almost got off on another rant there. :39:
    One of my favorite moments in nursing school is when the instructors informed us we would no longer be wearing the whites and would be going to standard navy blue scrubs.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Great. Thanks for the info guys. I'm a bit nervous about the entire nursing school process. Being a guy, I guess I'm not sure what to expect. Oh well, its only temporary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast