Thread: New From NY

Smile New From NY

Hi my name is Kyle i live in Ny,i am 15 and will start my Medical assistant class during my 11th grade year,then take my lpn course in my twelth grade year,i hope to go to college and become an rn then move up to trauma nurse in a hospital (columbia in the city)or on a helicopter( stat flight)or i would love to work in the er,is there anyone out there with some pointers or tips for me before i start next year,or any advice on what there studdies were in college to do what i want to do and tell me what its like doing the jobs listed above,i would like to know?
    Thank you for your time
    Kyle

Cool Re: New From NY

Welcome Kyle,

Wow, I'm impressed with your drive and motivation with a set goal at such a young age. Sounds like you have a good plan. I cannot help you with specifics since I'm not familiar with NY.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Re: New From NY

Wow, very impressed with the plan you've laid out for yourself.

:welcomescroll:
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][U][B]Marie[/B][/U], RN in O.R, pursuing BSN, semester [U]?[/U] of [U]?[/U]:)[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Supposedly 8 out of 10 people suffer from hemorrhoids. Does that mean that the other 2 people [I]enjoy[/I] them???:confused:[/B][/FONT]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/B]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My little peapod has arrived :).[/FONT][/B]

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

I'm impressed, too! I would think that, if you're interested in Flight Nursing, working in the ER would be beneficial. Here is a link to a thread for Flight Nurses: http://forums.ultimatenurse.com/emer...Flight+Nursing There are a few links posted in regards to Flight Nursing. Hope it helps!

"Cat"

I went a similar route. I was an LPN out of high school. I just recently was in trauma ICU. You have some good plans ahead of you! I wish you luck in your goals. I learned alot of skills since I began so young. And....you can make lots of $$ if you hang around long enough..... (speaking of traveling anyway) :luck:

Wow,thank you for all the support after reading all of your replys i went to turn in my Medical assistant and Lpn papers,Thank you for all your insight and look foward to posting more.

Kyle

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

I would love to hear how you're doing in school! Good luck!

'Cat'

:houra: GOOD LUCK KYLE :houra:
    Someday you will need to be rescued, whether you realize it or not. Every night be grateful; just in case today was that day.....every day is my day...:39:

Ill be sure to update you guys as i progress through the next 2 years and on hopefully,im not too worried about how hard the material is gunna be but a litle more on the stereotyping and in some cases the dislike of males nurses i hope everyone is very excepting,but nothing has ever stopped me before so i dont see why i couldnt do it.If i have any questions during my class i will be sure to post it here because just from talking to you guys ,you all seem very intelligent and know your stuff.

Thanks again
    Kyle

:luck:
    Wow! I am so impressed that you have a life plan at the age of 15 years. I would like to wish you the best of luck in your studies.