Thread: LNC Course

Question LNC Course

Has anyone ever heard of Canyon College's 4 month online LNC classes. They offer online course, which in my case would lead to Post-Master's Certificate and some CEU's. They also have the option to include a 4 week Internship with Atty or LNC to do areas of prep the case for trial, review charts, etc. I somehow feel that an intensive 4mos class with college credit, is going to teach me more than 4-6 days. ???!!! Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Morghan, MSN, ARNP, BC, CARN
    Kansas

Re: LNC Course

I took a 6 day course in November. It was very uplifting at the time. However I have found that I really could use a mentor to assist me with getting my foot in the attorneys' doors and getting my first case. The woman who taught the course "sold" me on the fact that she would be my mentor once I completed her course. She has basically taken the money and ran. I would love to work with a LNC to show me the ropes. I'd recommend something more substantial and really check on referrals from others. Good luck!

Does anyone recommend LNC certification course-Vicki Milazzio Instititue for CLNC vs. ALNC from RN Market???- I need some input from practicing LNC's to make decision in course. Vicki M. Institute will be in St. Louis in August--expensive but is it well worth it?? Any input wpuld be greatly appreciated!!!! thanks

I too am interested in understanding the difference between the different certification programs and hearing back from folks and what their experience has been.