Thread: New at Travel Nursing. Have questions.

New at Travel Nursing. Have questions.

I am considering travel nursing. I have narrowed my search to Aureus and Nurses in Partnership primarily due to the areas I want to work. One company said they do not have the per diem tax advantage program. Even their housing stipend is taxed unless you give them receipts. This company claims they are doing this due to a new IRS ruling. Any comments or advice? Thanks!

Member Extraordinaire

Re: New at Travel Nursing. Have questions.

The only way your housing should be taxed is if you are not maintaining a "tax home", that is, if you will not be keeping a primary residence & paying rent or a mortgage in your home state. If the company is going to take off taxes on your housing even though you will be maintaining a tax home, I would find a different company.

I would stick with Nurses in Parternership. Jane is a great recruiter who has always been there for me, to listen, offer jobs, etc. Even though I have never signed on with them they seem to be an honest company with great benefits. The other company I haven't had such good experience with. But, that's just my opinion based on the experience I've had with each over the last 1 1/2 hrs. Donna:luck:

I would stay away from Aureus. My travel partner has had 2 contracts with them. The recruiter can rarely be reached once the contract is signed, the contract itself is over 9 pages and the majority of which concerns the fact that you have no recourse against them. I took one interview, was given an offer (said I'd think about it) and answered questions about my immunizations. I called the recruiter 3 days later to turn down the position and the recruiter THREATENED me. Words to the effect that I was breaking a verbal commitment, burning bridges with the potential hospital, and the HR people would tell everyone...
    Remember - THEY WORK FOR YOU! You are doing the work they can't, you have the skills and education, find a company that recognizes that. I am currently with Access Nurses and very happy

I too was once going to take a job with Aureus due to they had an assignment in the area I wanted to travel to. I did alot of research on several nurse forums and did not read one good thing about them. I went with another company.