Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is 37 to old to work on a nursing degree

Re: Is 37 to old to work on a nursing degree

I am 28 and am preparing to enter a BSN program next fall. I am happy to read that there are people in their thirties and even older in nursing school. This assures me that I will have some mature study partners when I begin. Best of luck to you. ;-)

That was my age when I started 25 years ago. Never regretted a day of it! But "mature" study partners? LOL...not if you had the classmates I HAD....hahah...but that was MANY years ago, too.....God bless and so glad to hear you are doing it! We sure had fun in school.

Randy, Rn

God, I hope not. I'm 50. I'll graduate in May, '05. Good luck! Just stay committed to it - NO MATTER WHAT. It's not easy. My patients really like having a mature male nurse.

Hello,

I first would like to comend you on and excellent career option. I think we are never to old to change careers and learn something new.

I was previously working in merchandising for children's clothing, then I decided to change careers.

I will hopefully complete the program by December of this year. I look forward to working with my patients.

I will make one suggestion. There are many hospitals that will employ you during your nursing studies. I suggest you take one of these jobs just to familiarize your self with the feel, and become more comfortable with the environment and care of the patients.

I wish you

I hope not either...I am 46 and graduated 23 years ago. In my class were a mother and daughter. Mother was 50.. she always wanted to be a nurse..

Besides...how old will you be in 2 or 4 years if you don't go to school...the same..so go for it and if you really want it it will happen..

Hello, I'm new at forum.
    No, you are still young I known students who are 30-40&50 yrs, they're very good. I think that if somebody want change career a,d have some dreams, have to try. Sorry for my English. I'm nurse from Poland.
    Good luck!Jeff H

37. Wow that is really old. I hope it's not TOO old, cause I'm 50. I find I'm appreciated for my wisdom and maturity. I also find the work much more rewarding than any of the other careers I've had. GO FOR IT.

Member Extraordinaire

I just got asked last week to be a clinical instructor so this week I've been in the class a little to get the feel of how things are done at this school (I'm 41 for a few more days) and I see a few of the students older then me and some not too far behind me. I think the average age of nurses in this country is 48 (heard that today as the latest) so it would appear your in the perfect range.

As long as you plan on staying in the field, 37 is a fine age to go into it.

You can get out a good 20-30 years depending on when you want to retire.

You usually don't get rich in Nursing, but there's always plenty of work, overtime to go around.

You may find this website useful in making up your mind:

Nurses' Views of The Nursing Profession:
    http://www.nursefriendly.com/views

Wish you luck!

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursing.com

STOP THINKING, TALKING OR DEBATING---- MAKE YOUR FUTURE HAPPEN--GO TO NURSING SCHOOL, YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT, UNLESS YOU DONT GO. ENOUGH SAID---

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast