Thread: 8 week assignments

8 week assignments

Looking for recommendations for travel companies which have 8 week assignments readily available for the summer (when kids are out of school).....or 8 week seasonal contracts available directly from hospitals) Currentle on travel assignment in Phoenix but want to leave Arizona for the summer........

Re: 8 week assignments

Where are you looking to travel to......? Arizona is HOT over the summer! ( I used to live there)....We staff in all 50 states - have jobs paying up to $45/hr with private housing,travel,rental cars...We do 8-13 week assignments as well as offer 1st day benefits.

Shoot me an email at jessel@tnsnurse.com
    Or give me a call at 888-300-5132

Good Luck - Jesse

Don't know how you feel about 8 week assignments, but I do not like assignments that are less than 13 weeks. Many companies want to put you up in hotels for short term assignments. I did a 6 week assignment once and after 6 weeks at the Holiday Inn I had enough. These hospitals that want short term assignments in most cases want their cake and eat it too. This hospital I was at thought that God would grant them a miracle and 8 nurses would fall out of the sky and be oriented and ready for the floor in 6 weeks. Well that of course did not happen. They wanted to extend me for 6 more weeks. I told them I would not consider anything less than 13 weeks. They were not happy, but they did it out of desperation. Now 19 weeks of working at this facility and leaving for a new contract in 2 weeks in Texas, guess what? They are still not staffed and seeking nurses to fill these 6 week contracts and they are getting no nibbles. Not many travelers want to work 6 week contracts, 8 hour shifts at night and be held hostage in a hotel with no cooking or laundry facilities etc in small town Iowa working for a hospital full of hostility between the Union and hospital management fighting over contract disputes.

Point being…many agencies will not get you housing for a short term contract except in a hotel. Most apartments will not work with them on these short term assignments/leases especially in small communities like I am in now. So check out the housing situation and make sure it meets your needs and expectations.

Hello,
    Am not sure if you are still looking for 8 weeks, but I have contracts that can offer you 8 weeks, 48 hours a week, $35 to mid $40 plus full benefits. What is your current specialty?

Please call me and let me know if you are still looking.
    Free private housing or housing allowance, travel allowance, tax advantage,and medical insurance, license assistance.

Janelle Robinson
    Nurse Recruiter
    Onward Healthcare
    64 Danbury Road
    Wilton, CT 06897
    T 800.278.0332 x3038
    F 800.970.5001
    jrobinson@onwardhealthcare.com