Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Advice Please Lvn To Bsn

Red face Need Advice Please Lvn To Bsn

Hey all I am trying to decide if I want to do the College Network/ Indiana State University program LVN to BSN. I am really worried about the clinical though because of the proctorship. I am new to California and I dont know any BSN RN's at my workplace, does anyone know how they do this? If you are unable to find your own proctor/mentor then do they find one for you? and do these people get paid for doing the reimbursement? I am so full of questions but I have no answers. Thanks for anyone who will help me! KittyCA

Re: Need Advice Please Lvn To Bsn

Hello,
    I have also just started looking into Indiana Univ. I actually talked to them today and they said that they would find a nurse for you if you didnt know anyone.. When are you planning on starting? Im going to meet with the nursing advisor on Mar. 9 so I will have more info then.. Good Luck!
    Ashley

Thumbs up Re: Need Advice Please Lvn To Bsn

Ashley Anne, hi and thanks for replying! Actually I have already met with the couselor for the college network a week or two ago and I have decided to pursue this so he is coming out again tonight to sign me up... I am very excited about this. I called the state board of nursing in California and they say that they only recently certified this program for California. Actually just in February of this year! If you decide to go with this program please keep me informed and maybe we can be study partners thru email or something I need all the help I can get. I will have to take several pre req's thru them but I am hoping it will be easier than sitting in class. Please keep me up to date.. My regular email is ca_kitty_aaron@hotmail.com thanks again and I wish us both the best of luck Kitty:houra:

Please let me know what you think of the prog. I am acctually still in a LVN prog right now and dont graduate until Nov. I am just looking into RN programs so that I can go right in as soon as I get my LVN. Best of luck!!! Keep me posted!
    My e-mail is a.zurn@sbcglobal.net
    Ashley

hello everybody! I just signed up with college network for the lvn to bsn that they offer last month. i have bunches of general eds to take so i decided to get it from them. right now i am in community college taking anat and physio separately and it's kind of heavy for me while working full time at the hospital. anyway, CN is sort of expensive but i think there is no cheap way really to get your education. I just want to get a degree while supporting myself so i chose CN distance learning. I just recieved bunches of study materials from CN but I have not opened the boxes yet. I am busy going to class in between work days and studying. Anway, I need support out there and make sure I chose the right decision for me to get my rn/bsn and hopefully head the right way. Please let me know how you folks doing. I would appreciate it. By the way, I am from southern cali.

Hi Star2,
    I signed up for CN about two weeks ago. Now I am just waiting to get my modules in the mail so I can start them. Im still in an LVN program but want to get started on these pre reqs now so that I can start the BSN prog as soon as I get my liscense. Good Luck to you...maybe we can all help motivate each other. I am in So. Cal as well! Talk to you soon!
    ashley
    Ashley

Red face Re: Need Advice Please Lvn To Bsn

Quote Originally Posted by KITTYCA View Post
    Hey all I am trying to decide if I want to do the College Network/ Indiana State University program LVN to BSN. I am really worried about the clinical though because of the proctorship. I am new to California and I dont know any BSN RN's at my workplace, does anyone know how they do this? If you are unable to find your own proctor/mentor then do they find one for you? and do these people get paid for doing the reimbursement? I am so full of questions but I have no answers. Thanks for anyone who will help me! KittyCA
    Hi, Kitty. I would like to know how you doing in the College Network. I am thinking to attend the College Network. Thank you

Lynn

Red face Re: Need Advice Please Lvn To Bsn

Hello everyone, I am sorry that it has been so long since I posted last time. I did sign up for The College Network about hmmm maybe 2 months ago now. I have received most of my modules in the mail ( there is one module being redone so it is on backorder). I am finding it very hard to focus on studying and getting started. It is so different than sitting in class and being responsible for your work. Doing the work this way and studying on your own is hard because you dont have to be responsible to anyone but yourself. i am trying hard and hopefully I will be ready to take my first test by the end of May or first of June. A good friend of mine from work told me a good way to start out and I do want to share this with any of you that are doing your program this way, when you start studying a module go ahead and set up your date to take the test and pay for the test in adveance , that way you are obligated to test and you have your own deadline. i havent tried this but I am going to do this for myself soon. It is so easy to use the excuse of other things like work, family, etc. to take the place of studying. I cant afford not to do this now that I have obligated myself by spending the money for the program I just HAVE to find a motivation for myself. Any suggestions are deeply wanted adn appreciated.. Thanks for listening. KITTYCA:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

Member Extraordinaire

Try this- schedule "class" for yourself, since you don't have any actual classes to go to. Schedule a time for you to go someplace other than home to study (library, coffe shop, etc.). If you schedule the time & treat it as though it were a class that you have to go to, it might be easier to stay motivated & force yourself to study.

Talking Re: Need Advice Please Lvn To Bsn

Thank You So very much for your help. It does so help to know that someone is willing to help and care about the troubles that I am having with this. I will definitely try this idea, and I will let you know if it works. Kittyca

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast