Thread: Please consider "hospitals that cancel" section

Please consider "hospitals that cancel" section

Hello. In posting a reply to another thead on this board, I mentioned that I would like to see a section that enabled travelers to post info about hospitals that have cancelled a contract.

In time, a facility would either shape up or lose the ability to hire travel nurses. I think this would be a great benefit to ALL of us in the travel nursing industry.

If you do impliment something like this, it might also be nice to include something in the way of posting instructions. If everyone who started a thread in that section put the hospital name and location in the subject line, it would be SO much easier than having to read each posting looking for the name of a specific hospial.

If others would like to see this section also, please post a reply. If we have enough replies, maybe we will actually get to have this section that would benefit most of us. Thanks.

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Please consider "hospitals that cancel" section

On that note, the hospital I am currently on assignment with ALMOST cancelled my contract this week! I have been at Naples Community Hospital in Naples, FL for the past 6 weeks, and last week, they decided they didn't need as many travelers because their census is so low (a new hospital opened in town 2 weeks ago, so they are losing business to them). So they were talking like they were going to cancel, but I talked to my recruiter, & he noticed that North Collier Hospital, the sister hospital to Naples Community, had posted a need for 2 travelers just last week, so now I am finishing out my contract at North Collier- both hospitals are part of the same system, so I won't have to re-do any orientation, but it makes me mad that they were so close to cancelling my contract!!! I agree it would be nice to have a list of hospitals that routinely cancel contracts, so I can steer clear!