Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pbds testing

Re: pbds testing

I am thrilled to see pbds study guides/answers profile go online. Thanks for your efforts!

From previous posts on this websie, one can see I do not believe in the concept of pbds testing. I graduated from a university program, 75 questions on boards, but, as nurses, we are not licensed to diagnose.

I am disappointed in hospital administrators who are pursuaded to allocate/budget money for this useless enterprise. Personally, I refuse to even look at an assignment where pbds is required. I have personally seen the exam used as an immediate hiring/firing tool in the classroom where I took the exam. Too, I have gotten into the interview process only to learn from the Unit Manager that the pbds is required during hospital orientation. During that interview, the UM literally hang up on me when I told her that I refuse to take the exam and, furthermore, do not believe in this testing format.

Due to the exaspiration continuously read from online replies concerning the exam, I would only remind you to say: "I refuse to take the exam."

Lightbulb Re: pbds testing

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaWIRN View Post
    I have a study guide for the PBDS- if you PM me with your e-mail address, I can e-mail it to you.

Can you please email me the study quide and any other info you may have that would be good for new travel nurses, My fiance and and I are looking to travel together, do know what travel agencies are good...or preferably..GREAT!!!

Thanks in adance for any ifo you may have Happy Holidays!!

:rose:Nancy:rose:

Lightbulb Re: pbds testing

Quote Originally Posted by villagetraveler.1 View Post
    I feel the same way. Passed boards, lots of experience, great assessment skills, but diagnosis is the physician's job, and I am not licensed to diagnose. I agree, that is what the pbds is asking for. I have refused several job offers during the interview process with Unit Managers when they bring up the pbds test at the "end of the conversation". One even hung up on me when I told her I refused to take the exam. As I say, "unite nurses: refuse, refuse, refuse."
    :rose:

Can you tell me any great travel co. towork with?

hello to all. now about this test.. i think if they.. want to improve nursing care, well then why dont they do something to help i can name a couple examples.. do something about the nurse /pt ratios in nursing homes.. do they really get quality care... and why allow hospice pts in nursing homes, im sorry but the patients deserve quality pain control,how can dignity and pain control be adequately provided when the nurse has 30 patients.. im sorry but a hospice patient gets better care in the home or hospital.. and it makes the nursing staff feel so bad to not have the time that both hospice patients and nursing home patients deserve.seems as tho healthcare has gone 2nd to the all mighty dollar.Im not reaally sure how much longer i can work as a nurse, i went into the field to help not rush..

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post
    If unsure you are set up for e-mails, check your personal settings under your user CP.

Also check the FAQ . I know....am trying to get things straightened out there.
    Just a reminder!

i REFUSE to be submitted for any assignment that requires the test - if all travelers stood firm and refused to be part of this then these hospitals would have to let it go - i was told recently that hospitals use it as a "learning tool" for their own new hires but as an "elimination tool" for travelers - i have never taken the test but i think 30 years as an RN and several state RN licenses is more than enough qualification - :42:

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

I hear ya on that, Darlonna! Experience does help.

As for the bit about dx-ing, Nursing Diagnoses is a whole different ball of wax.

Member Extraordinaire

ATTENTION:

Click on the following link to download the Med/Surg version of PBDS study guide.
    Free PBDS Study Guide

I do NOT have study guides for any other versions of the exam, so please do not ask.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12