Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pbds testing

pbds testing

I am traveling to a new assignment and I am required to take PBDS testing. I was wondering if anyone has taken ICU PBDS tests lately? If so could you describe some of the types of questions that I should prepare for. Any help would be appreicated.

Tanks Chris

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: pbds testing

Hi, Colemanchris! There was one thread regarding the test; here is a link to what is covered: http://www.clinicalone.com/c1/career...enttesting.asp Hope this helps!

'Cat'

There Was A Guide On The Rn Network Web Site Just Like The One I Took In Ohio. The Secret Is To Dx. The Patient And To Show What You Would Do To Help The Paient. Meds. Labs, Etc.

I have not had to take this test yet but sure don't like what I have heard about it-sounds like a lot of BS to me. Since when are nurse's supposed to make a medical diagnosis? I think I will refuse any assignments that require this. Make me MAD just thinking about it. My references and credentials should be proof enough that I am competent!

I've taken the test 3 times in Florida and passed, but I will never take it again.
    It's a grueling 4 hour test that has a twist to it, that being: diagnosing the medical issue and writing a book of nursing care with rationales. So many nurses failed it this year at Southwest Regional Hospital in Fort Myers and they had to pack and leave.
    It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by colemanchris26 View Post
    I am traveling to a new assignment and I am required to take PBDS testing. I was wondering if anyone has taken ICU PBDS tests lately? If so could you describe some of the types of questions that I should prepare for. Any help would be appreicated.

Tanks Chris
    Yeah. I know this is months late, but just refuse to work at a hospital that is using PBDS. I've taken my boards. This is just a money making proposition for one person. Unite! Refuse, refuse, refuse.

Hey Will,
    Don't let that test or that hospital break your spirit.
    Do you have any idea of how many nurse DO NOT PASS.. ALOT
    If you are a travel nurse and you fail, the hospital cancels your contract and I've seen alot of nurses WALK while on assignment. It is wierd test. I've taken it 3 times and passed but studied 1st. I will not take it again.
    Too bad the nurse educator was not more in the educating mood..
    Move On

:33: I went to an inservice on tuesday of last week about PBDS. only 66% of people who took the test passed in 2007: 23% were new grads, 43% were experienced nurses and/or travelers. The numbers are looking better for 2008, but are not published yet.:27:

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

If unsure you are set up for e-mails, check your personal settings under your user CP.

Also check the FAQ . I know....am trying to get things straightened out there.

Quote Originally Posted by patricew View Post
    I have not had to take this test yet but sure don't like what I have heard about it-sounds like a lot of BS to me. Since when are nurse's supposed to make a medical diagnosis? I think I will refuse any assignments that require this. Make me MAD just thinking about it. My references and credentials should be proof enough that I am competent!
    I feel the same way. Passed boards, lots of experience, great assessment skills, but diagnosis is the physician's job, and I am not licensed to diagnose. I agree, that is what the pbds is asking for. I have refused several job offers during the interview process with Unit Managers when they bring up the pbds test at the "end of the conversation". One even hung up on me when I told her I refused to take the exam. As I say, "unite nurses: refuse, refuse, refuse."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast