Thread: Alabama VDAP

Alabama VDAP

I have been in vdap about 6 months. Everything is going well as far as the program goes. I do however regret turning myself in. I constantly worry about false positives especially the whole etg thing although I never really was a drinker. Lortab was my drug of choice. I am having trouble somedays with the fact I am always watched. I cant say that I have had the urge to use any drugs. When I had surgery recently I didn't take pain meds and I suffered a little because I didn't want to have to deal with an MRO. Is anyone else in VDAP or can anyone else relate?
    Thanks,
    JP

Re: Alabama VDAP

I just wanted to say good luck!!

Re: Alabama VDAP

I can relate to you JP; I'm a RN, and I've been in Alabama BON VDAP since August of 2005. Every thing is going well for my now. I've regained the trust and respect of my nurse manager, and my peers; I have my narcotic privleges back too. I go to 3 12 step meetings a week, aftercare once a week, and do my monthly self-reports. I may even apply for early release in late 2008. ....Yet....I to fear the rug may be snatched out from under me by an erroneous false positive. It's just something I live with. I pray should that or relapse happen that my HP would give me the courage, wisdom and serenity to put one foot in front of the other and do what I have to do to.
    Best of luck JP!

RICKWOOD
    BIRMINGHAM,AL