Thread: I Am In Ontario Looking For Cdn Nurses In North Carolina

I Am In Ontario Looking For Cdn Nurses In North Carolina

Hi I Mam Rn In Ontario And I Want To Go North Carolina, So Any Cdn Rn's Over There To Get In Touch For More Informations? Thanks

Talking Re: I Am In Ontario Looking For Cdn Nurses In North Carolina

:houra: Hi
    I am Canadian, and worked 3 years in NC. I worked various hospitals and areas in NC, and intend to return to the Carolinas. I really enjoyed the state. You will find many Canadians living and working there. Be prepared for some heat over the summer.:firedup:

:luck:
    Heltsiuk

Re: I Am In Ontario Looking For Cdn Nurses In North Carolina

Thank You Very Much For The Reply, But Can You Recommend Which Hospital To Go And Which One To Avoid.
    Because I Will Attend A Job Fair And I Would Like To Have A Second Opinion About The Hospitals.

Thank You Again For Your Help

Hi again

Coming from Ontario, I think you will find some things rather different. Computer charting, they don't take as long a breaks as Canadian hospitals,:yikes: but it also has so many benefits too. I would suggest you see if you can join a travel company, as their contracts are only 13 weeks, and you can see if you like an area that way. Some hospitals offer to help relocate you, but you are committed for 2 years on average.

I started working at PCMH in Greenville, a small city in a rural area. I was nervous of the big cities. I liked Greenville, but many don't care for the hospital. They offered a great orientation. Wilmington is a gorgeous city and has a great hospital. Asheville is suppose to be great, and I loved Winston Salem. Duke was huge, heard many dislike the place but I liked it.

Honestly, it all depends what you are looking for and what you are willing to put into the experience. Some want beaches, some want cities, some want the mtns. Hospitals vary and departments can vary within a hospital. I can say I disliked Fayetteville hospital. That is the only hospital that I have encountered that was truly disorganized. I was warned about New Bern as well, but have never worked there.

Good Luck and try to enjoy the experience. It really is a wonderful state with many great hospitals.

Heltsiuk

Hello. Currently Travelling in New Bern. I am in a step down unit..It is very chaotic and disorganized.NO secretary bad staffing with CNAs. Have heard different things about different units.The full time staff is nice however Travellers get the heavier assignments. The area is absolutely beautiful but I won't be resigning.

I am a Travel Nurse, but from North Carolina. I worked at Mission Hospital in Asheville. I loved it the ratios were great! I worked Cardiac Step Down Unit on the 5th floor of the Heart Tower. --April