Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Independent Nurse Contractor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Independent Nurse Contractor

I have decided that I can work for myself and start my own business in being my own agency. I have no idea of where I should start.I have worked for a little while with an agency but I have no clue as to what I should do to get started. I do not have any $$ to get the book that I am interested in that could walk me through this process step by step (starting your own nursing agency or become an independent nurse contractor), but I need to get crackin' now. I'm an RN in GA...does anyone have an idea of what I need to do? How do I write up a contract between me and the facility, how much do I charge? I am anxious to get started any information is greatly appreciated.
    Much ThanX!

Re: Independent Nurse Contractor

Having money to pay for the book will be the least of your worries. Having money to pay bills while you're waiting to get paid will be a bigger concern. Hospitals and nursinghomes notoriously pay late. . . .You'll spend a good deal of time chasing your money.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursingentrepreneurs.com

Thanks for the honesty...are these books really helpful or is it information that I could get myself through internet and library? (i know it will take longer)

I've seen most of what was out there and was not impressed. You can read a primer online at http://www.howtostartanursingagency.com that will start your juices flowing.

If anything, I'd recommend "how to start a temporary staffing agency" published by Entrepreneur Magazine and endorsed by the Small Business Administration.

I would not recommending trying to wing-it off what you'll find on the web or in a library.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursingentrepreneurs.com

Awesome, truly awesome. Thank you...do you know what the market is like in GA

I'm not sure of your question but I do know that our agency in Atlanta, GA works all of our nurses as independent contractors. I would be happy to give you more information on it if needed. We have a number of our nurses who have become "incorporated" as their own business and they seem very happy with the tax breaks they claim to receive. Good Luck and please feel free to email me if you need more information. clarksona@carolina.rr.com

Visit this site!!

Hi. I am looking for a nurse for a case I have in Wrens, GA. I am in KY and have been down to see the client once, but I need someone closer to the area. He has physicians in Marietta and Augusta. If you are interested, please let me know.

Thanks!

SIMMONS MEDICAL MANAGEMENT, INC.

I think it would benefit you to take a look at the website Coalition for Independent Contractor Freedom - Protecting Your Rights It has a lot of resources and information for independent contractors. Healthcare is specifically focused on amongst a few other popular industries and you can talk and ask questions to other independent contractors. I encourage you to go check it out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast