Thread: WHAT COLLEGE NETWORK(and others) DON'T TELL YOU

WHAT COLLEGE NETWORK(and others) DON\'T TELL YOU

Well I only went to college network to get some of my classes out of they way.At this point Im starting not to believe what these online people tell me.You think your getting one thing then they turn around and swith it all on me.After completing 3 classes with them they increased the price and told that the school i would be getting my degree from had other fees...Excelsior was charging about 10,000 on top of what college network was charging(about 5,000 to 10,000)Just for study guides.You get no degree from them .Also found out that Excelsior has their own guides that cost much less and you get your degree from them.so basically it comes down to this, college network is a middleman and you dont have to pay them at all to get your degree.You can go straight to the horses mouth {excelsior }to get your degree.
    My advise is do all your homework on these places......sometimes even though there is a waiting list for universities and colleges its worth the wait just so you dont have to go through all the hassle, time wasting, wasting money that these places put you through
    S. Shannon

Re: WHAT COLLEGE NETWORK(and others) DON\'T TELL YOU

yeah, with all the fees they charge, and the prices of the classes, books, etc. etc., it's about 10 times more expensive than just taking the classes at the local college.

The College Network got me too. They really make everything sound so easy in the meeting. There was a person there that, in my opinion, was placed there by them to make you feel stupid for not going through with the program. I bought into it--got the study guides--my fiance at the time (a RN) looked through everything and made me realize what I huge mistake I had made. Unfortunatly, the time had expired to cancel the contract. I guess my ex-husband ruining my credit paid off there--I just didn't pay them anything and will have to wait 7 years to try and continue my education. ALL NURSES BEWARE OF THESE PUBLISHING COMPANIES!!!!!

Well, I just looked at your post after writing mine! LOL
    This is very helpful. I am so confused on all of this though. Some people say it is a good move to do the home school and then some don't . I will be making the decision soon and hope to make the right one. THanks. Cheryl

I am currently going through the college network now. I wish I would have known this before I signed up.

Well, I signed up for College Network! I am excited to start. A nurse that I graduated from LPN school with is now an RN and did it through College Network. This was enough for me. She is a good example to me and I am also seeing more positive feedback elsewhere. Sometimes you have to watch if one person not happy with something posts things of this nature, that more tend to believe and just follow. I hope this helps you Monica. Email me if you ever want support. I will need some too. luv2healwounds@aol.com
    Cheryl

I too used the College Network to get my BSN and had no problems. In fact quite the opposite -- their academic support person was so friendly and got me thru a couple of my courses! I was able to learn at my own pace for the lower level courses then successfully made the jump to ISU to complete my program. I would think that all programs take work -- but for me paying $385 for a 3 credit course was a lot cheaper than the alternatives I looked at online.

Re: WHAT COLLEGE NETWORK(and others) DON\'T TELL YO

good to hear some good stories about them...