Thread: "cleaner" nursing jobs

"cleaner" nursing jobs

It may seem shallow, but I don't mean it that way. My question is what nursing jobs tend to be the cleanest (e.g., not involving bed pans)? And which tend to include such assignments? I know that a MSN is usually required for the more "cushy" or specialized jobs, but as someone who will have an RN and need to gain experience for a while, MSN type positions are not really part of the equation quite yet. I ask this question, but I of course would be willing to work very hard and care for the patients with all my heart no matter what the task, but I would also like to know what I am getting myself into.

THANK YOU!

Re: "cleaner" nursing jobs

Depending on what direction you would like to go in would depend on how clean your job is going to be. Also how much money you want to make. Doctors office work is very clean though I think there is not much money there, insurance companies employ nurses as well. If you go right for your masters there are alot of managerial jobs you could qualify for. Alot of nursing jobs do require you to have some clinical experience therefor you will have to get your hands dirty at some point in time. Direct patient care can be very grueling & rewarding at the same time. I feel most nurses will respect you more if you know where there coming from.
    The job is not easy & certainly not right for everyone. But you do have alot of options.

Member Extraordinaire

Re: "cleaner" nursing jobs

case management, management, school, industrial, out patient care