Thread: Headed to a new career!

Headed to a new career!

Cheers all! I have, after long thought, decided to leave my law enforcement career and enter the nursing field. I was a combat medic/EMT in the military and really liked it. When I entered college I was 50/50 on nursing or criminal justice. I chose criminal justice and have regretted it ever since. I am selling my house and entering an LPN program, and will begin to work on the RN immediately after I enter the workforce as an LPN(either brick and mortar or online).

I am nervous about leaving law enforcement after so long (eight years), but am excited about a new challenge in the nursing field.

I hope to use this site a research tool as the time grows near to move to the new challenge.

Wish me luck!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Headed to a new career!

Quote Originally Posted by Ogerpus View Post
    Cheers all! I have, after long thought, decided to leave my law enforcement career and enter the nursing field. I was a combat medic/EMT in the military and really liked it. When I entered college I was 50/50 on nursing or criminal justice. I chose criminal justice and have regretted it ever since. I am selling my house and entering an LPN program, and will begin to work on the RN immediately after I enter the workforce as an LPN(either brick and mortar or online).

I am nervous about leaving law enforcement after so long (eight years), but am excited about a new challenge in the nursing field.

I hope to use this site a research tool as the time grows near to move to the new challenge.

Wish me luck!

:waving: Welcome to the site! One of my classmates was a cop who decided to change professions. Think of it this way: First you caught them, now you'll patch them up.

We'll be here so you can bounce ideas, destress, etc. Drop by often!

'Cat'

I like what I read already! Thanks!

Welcome Ogerplus. I hope you find the career as rewarding as we all have. Drop by often.