Thread: Question: Please Help!

Red face Question: Please Help!

I am a student nurse in my first year in Australia. Can somebody please tell me what the equivelent to an Assistant in nursing (AIN) is in the united states? I am thinking it is an LPN? Also how do AIN/ going to be RN go about employment in the US? My partner lives in Seattle, and I would live to do some travelling to see him, but would also like to work and get the experience as I am looking to relocate in the future, if anybody has any relevant information, please reply. I would appreciate any info, Thanks alot B:confused:

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Question: Please Help!

Quote Originally Posted by StudentNurseAus View Post
    I am a student nurse in my first year in Australia. Can somebody please tell me what the equivelent to an Assistant in nursing (AIN) is in the united states? I am thinking it is an LPN? Also how do AIN/ going to be RN go about employment in the US? My partner lives in Seattle, and I would live to do some travelling to see him, but would also like to work and get the experience as I am looking to relocate in the future, if anybody has any relevant information, please reply. I would appreciate any info, Thanks alot B:confused:
    To be honest, AIN sounded at first to be similar to our CNA! How much training did you have? I am not sure if that would transfer over; you'd have to check with the applicable state BON (listed in the State Forums).

If you are looking to immigrate here, the best bet would be to obtain your RN here. Of course, your transcripts would need to be reviewed.

Let us know what transpires!

'Cat'