Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stay away from AmericanMobile

Stay away from AmericanMobile

Many travelers complain about AMH. I was with them for 1 year. They forgot to put me in health insurance and I found out in 3rd assignment, but according to other travelers, looks like they do all the time, huh? Pay rolls were always wrong and I had to call them every pay period to fix. They said I get $500 bonus after 3 assignments(39weeks)...guess what? Now they said "We discontinued that bonus last year". On their web site, they are still advertising that they are giving $500-$1000 completion bonus. Simply there are so many issues with this company. STAY AWAY!!!

Re: Stay away from AmericanMobile

I am thinking about travelling with AmericanMobile. I have never travelled before and I am not sure what I am doing. If AmericanMobile isn't a good idea, who would you recommend??

Member Extraordinaire

I travel with RN Network- just started my third assignment with them, and they have been very good to me- you can check out their benefits at Travel Nursing Jobs :: RN Network

Send me a PM if you'd like me recruiter's contact info.

AmericanMobile has cheaped out on everything so far -- instead of FedEx contract and paperwork they used USPS, then they demanded that I return the paperwork in less than the time it wold take to send USPS.

Another issue is AMH does not offer garuanteed assignments -- other agencies not only offer them but they are the standard.

Lastely there is currently a Nurse Strike in Southern California -- they are really pushing this region right now; however they do not bother to tell you that there is a strike and the assignment is crossing strike lines.

have heard horror stories of this company, i am taking my first assignment in San Diego, but haven't chosen an agency yet. Anyone deal with American Traveler, Sagent, Travel Nurse Across America, or RNNetwork?

Cool need an agency

i am new to this site and need some honest opinions. i am taking my first assignment in San Diego and will be moving from Canada to Cali in September. i still however need to choose an agency, i have done about two months of research and am sick of looking at agencies. anyone deal with American Traveler, Travel Nurse Across America, Sagent or RNNetwork? Also how is the housing? and any other advice you could give to a first time traveler? am very excited about the move, have never been to California but travel quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by sontas View Post
    have heard horror stories of this company, i am taking my first assignment in San Diego, but haven't chosen an agency yet. Anyone deal with American Traveler, Sagent, Travel Nurse Across America, or RNNetwork?
    I have worked for RN Network and American Traveler and I didn't have any problems. If something came up it was quickly takened care of. Very nice complete housing and the recruiters aways responded quickly and efficiently.

Has anyone heard of Azteria? I was thinking of using them, but have never heard of them. They have only been in business since 2004!
    Thanks

First time traveler please try my agency RN Recruit. You will find them at RN Recruit: Your Network for Travel Nursing. Call and ask for Sheila or Joey. They are great. Great pay according to geographical area. (The South always pays less.) Never had a payroll or insurance issue. Been traveleing with them for a year now. Three assignments in all and looking for my next assignment now. They are still small and treat you like family. Any problems I have had were settled immediately. Tell them Dianna Martin sent you.

Stay Away From American Mobile It Is A Horrible Comapny They Are No Support They Take Things Away From You Without Telling You . They Cheat You And When They Send You To An Assignment They Leave You Out To Dry . There Are About 16 Of Us Nurses At A Prison On Salinas Who Are Being Harrassed By The Staff Rn Superviosrs And Amn Has Done Nothing To Help We Have Had To Go To The Warden And Other Officials For Help. We Have Been Discriminated Against And Are Filing A Law Suit Agsainst These Staff Rns . It Has Been The Wost Assignment Ever And Amn Is The Worst Possible Comaopny To Work For Stay Away

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast