Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stay away from AmericanMobile

Re: Stay away from AmericanMobile

I think it would be safe to say that every travel nurse agency has its strengths and weaknesses. In researching competitors, I've found that, although many agencies appear to offer similar benefits and pay, some travel nurse agencies have superior access to top ranked hospitals, pay on-time all the time, offer private accommodations (not shared) and have client support teams that work around the clock. I've read many positive things about American Traveler (they've been around forever) and another up-and-comer by the name of 50 States Staffing.

-Travel nurse writer

i am thinking of starting my own travel nursing company does anyone know how i could go about that?

i must agree all travel companies have strenghts and weaknesses. there is no perfect company. i have been a travel nurse for 8 years now . I used to think aureus medical was the worst however my contract this year with american mobile has been the absolute worst . i would not recomend it to anyone . I WOULD TELL EVERYONE TO STAY AWAY AND DONT APPLY WITH ANY FO THE SISTER COMPANIES. WE HAVE BEEN AT SALINAS VALLEY PRISON AND BELIEVE ALL THE THINGS YOU HEAR ABOUT PRISONS . AND IN THE 9 MONTHS I HAVE BEEN THERE IT HAS GOTTEN WORSE EVERY DAY IT IS NO WONDER THEY CANT FIND OR KEEP STAFF.
    THE FIRST 3 MONTHS WERE GREAT AND THEN IT CHANGED SO FAST WE CANT EVEN FIGURE OUT HOW IT HAPPEND . HOWEVER AMERICAN MOBLIE DID TNOTHING TO HELP US BUT TELL US TO SHUT UP AND BE QUIET . WE BANDED TOGETHER AND WENT TO THE WARDEN AND ONLY THEN DID THINGS CHANGE . AMERICAN MOBILE DOES NOT SUPPORT OR HELP YOU WHEN IN A DIFFICUTL SITUATION . THEY ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR . I KNOW YOU SHOULD NEVER SAY THE WORST BECAUSE ONE MIGHT THINK I AM BITTER OR WHATEVER BUT I AM TRUTHFUL IN SAY NOT ONE OF US WILL EVER WORK FOR THEM AGAIN THAT IS 16 NURSES WHO ARE LEAVING THE PRISON AND NEVER TO WORK FOR AMN AGAIN .

Exclamation Re: Stay away from AmericanMobile

I did my first assignment with American Mobile about three years ago. After that horrible experience I decided to never travel again. However after reading different threads I realized American Mobile is just the worst of the worst. I choose a bad company to start traveling with. Recruiter stated assignment would start first of month did not start until three weeks later. Rushed me to a strange town and became ama for almost two weeks. Thank God I didn't leave home broke or I would have been homeless. Then deducted for insurance and housing from the stated start date in which I didn't work. Deducted $300.00 for housing deposit I was told there was no housing deposit. All in all my first paycheck was no paycheck. All kind of unfounded deductions to make up for their mistake.
    I ended up paying double while stranded and to the company that left me stranded. I literaly paid to work.

I just finished a great assignment with American Mobile and like any job it is not always the company but the person you are working with. My agents were all great, everything went just as promised and on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Travel Nurse Writer View Post
    I think it would be safe to say that every travel nurse agency has its strengths and weaknesses. In researching competitors, I've found that, although many agencies appear to offer similar benefits and pay, some travel nurse agencies have superior access to top ranked hospitals, pay on-time all the time, offer private accommodations (not shared) and have client support teams that work around the clock. I've read many positive things about American Traveler (they've been around forever) and another up-and-comer by the name of 50 States Staffing.

-Travel nurse writer
    I Heard that TaleMed was about to purchase a RN Travel company in California. Has anyone else heard this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12