Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Medical marijuana

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Medical marijuana

Who doesn't have an opinion on this one?! New Mexico approves medical use of marijuana

I'm the person who thinks "If it helps...." Of course, regulations would have to be in place.

'Cat'

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Medical marijuana

if you're dying anyway what's it going to do kill you????

Or, become an addict? I'm all for lessening pain/quality of life, so what the heck?

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post
    Or, become an addict? I'm all for lessening pain/quality of life, so what the heck?
    The sad part is you can still be arrested in NM on Federal charges. And besides marijuana comes in pill form so why take the chance of being arrested and submitting others to your second hand smoke which could kill them i.e. your children or spouse.

Member Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by onetraveler View Post
    The sad part is you can still be arrested in NM on Federal charges. And besides marijuana comes in pill form so why take the chance of being arrested and submitting others to your second hand smoke which could kill them i.e. your children or spouse.
    if it comes in a pill and it works then go for it I wouldn't want anyone "innocent" exposed but if someone is terminal I think they should be able to use...but we do let people smoke around their kids and even in resturaunts (still can do that in this area) and the "smoking area" is just on the other side of a 1/2 wall and the smoke knows not to come across that you know
    My hospital still has an employee smoking area and and area patients go pushing their IV poles (I work in tobacco country) it'll never go away. There was just a city law about smoking in resturaunts but it didn't last too long being that the mayor and 1/2 the city council smoke it's gone back to the owners choice.

Quote Originally Posted by cassioo View Post
    if it comes in a pill and it works then go for it I wouldn't want anyone "innocent" exposed but if someone is terminal I think they should be able to use...but we do let people smoke around their kids and even in resturaunts (still can do that in this area) and the "smoking area" is just on the other side of a 1/2 wall and the smoke knows not to come across that you know
    My hospital still has an employee smoking area and and area patients go pushing their IV poles (I work in tobacco country) it'll never go away. There was just a city law about smoking in resturaunts but it didn't last too long being that the mayor and 1/2 the city council smoke it's gone back to the owners choice.

Bangor Maine just passed a law that no one can smoke in a car when there are children present. And it stuck.

Maine is totally smoke free and funny NM just went that way too. Many bars and restaurants claimed they would lose business but after a few short months smoke free their business actually increased. They are in favor of it now.

Can we please stay with the thread? This is regarding the medicinal use of marijuana, NOT a debate about smoking.

Thank you.

'Cat'

Can we please stay with the thread? This is regarding the medicinal use of marijuana, NOT a debate about smoking.

Thank you.

'Cat'
    And how is this medicinal use of marijuana achieved.

My God can you discuss the merits without harrassing the members here. :smoking2: :smoking2: :smoking2: :smoking2: :smoking2: :smoking2:

Member Extraordinaire

Thank you.

'Cat'
    Sorry didn't think it was a debate on smoking but someone had stated something about not exposing innocents to the marijuana smoke I was just saying is it worse the cig smoke? My thoughts as above if it helps them and that's what they need sure but then I'm not the one to get to decide who or for what reason it should be used but I don't think anytime soon in this country it will be in wide spread legal use.

Quote Originally Posted by cassioo View Post
    Sorry didn't think it was a debate on smoking but someone had stated something about not exposing innocents to the marijuana smoke I was just saying is it worse the cig smoke? My thoughts as above if it helps them and that's what they need sure but then I'm not the one to get to decide who or for what reason it should be used but I don't think anytime soon in this country it will be in wide spread legal use.
    Actually it is worse than cigs. Something like 2 joints equals a pack. I'll look it up again.

Hold down the fort.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast