Thread: "Old" nurse wanting to travel

\"Old\" nurse wanting to travel

I am 50 years old with 24 years experience (TCU,Neuro ICU, Cardiac/Telemetry, Home Health, Peds ICU, Newborn Nursery)...My husband is going to retire and go with me when I start to travel later in 2005 or early 2006. I am giving up my security blanket (seniority/benefits etc) and want to be sure I go with a good agency. It is frightening. Health Insurance and Clean, Safe Housing is a MUST! From reading all the discussions it seems that a LOT of recruiters promise a lot but don't come through with most of it and do not back up their nurses. I would like to know how in the world you can be sure you will get what is promised and what you can do if not? Anyone have any suggestions? Also, are there enough jobs out there for someone with my experience...seems to me that most posts are by ER or ICU nurses. I am interested in traveling everywhere I can, but it seems I need to be more concerned with the travel agencies that with the actual event of quitting my job and taking a lot of new ones......

Re: \"Old\" nurse wanting to travel

Hi, I was curious if you are still looking for a position or a company to work with?

Honestly alot of it has to do with the recruiter. If you get a good recruiter that is honest and experienced, you typically won't run into false promises etc. Some companies are really good out there but your recruiter "just doesn't get it". It happens alot. Get a feel for your recruiter. Call them up and if they don't return the call that day, move on. If you can't get them to call you when you are ready to travel how will they call when there is a problem.

Just some advice.

Jack Swinney
    INA Nursing
    888-411-4462x1006
    jswinney@inanursing.com
    www.inanursing.com

Re: \"Old\" nurse wanting to travel

IF YOU ARE STILL LOOKING GIVE ME A EMAIL WE ARE OWNED AND OPERATED BY RN's we are loyal to our own. jwolos@hpcnursing.com