Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: want info on Travel Companies

want info on Travel Companies

I want to start traveling in late 2005. I would like info on Travel Companies (in writing, ie ...Brochures) I am starting a file on the various firms and want to be able to compare benefits before I make a decision. I WILL NOT fill out an application prior to getting the info. I have been reading the sites and see that some companies have good reps and some are HORRIBLE.....I have 24 years experience, am well qualified and NOT a pushover. But I am a hard worker and want to travel the ENTIRE US. Give me a good contract and I will work my butt off for you. Lie to me once and thats it. I don't want to offend "good" recuiters, "bad" ones I do..... "Good" ones, please respond

Re: want info on Travel Companies

Most contracts are usually for 13 weeks. There are a lot of them that are also 8 weeks and some even for 4 depending on the situation. For example back in Sept when Florida had 3 hurricanes all in a row, 20 Florida Hospitals were looking for RN's and were accepting any length of contract. It all depends on the need. Most contracts will include a payrate up front, travel reimbursement to and from your assignment, health insurance, and a private 1 bedrm or a shared 2 bedrm apt depending on what your situation is. Definitely do a lot of research because there are a lot of companies that seem to have higher payrates but they take it out of your housing and put you in a bad area, or they offer a great rate and then cancel your contract midway. Also check out your health insurance benefits. Some companies don't offer health insurance for 90 days, others have a high deductible of $500-$1000 before you can even go see a doctor. Research at this point is your best bet.
    IF you are interested in receiving a packet on my company , please feel free to e-mail me or call me at the below number and I will send you out an information packet on my company. You are wise to be weary, because there are a lot of fly by night travel companies that are here today and gone tomorrown and you do need to be careful. Hope this helped.
    Marci

Hi, well I won't lie to you, lol. I understand your caution, though. I have been a nurse for over 25 years and traveled for 5. Our company is owned by a nurse and we have good paying assignments.

I would love to speak with you and wish you the very best in your traveling adventures!

Randy Stilley, RN
    PRN Health Services, PC
    Enid, OK
    800-590-0004
    randys2@sbcglobal.net

I think I already told you to send me info? Or am I confused (again)

You may send me info.....I tried your e-mail link and got "returned mail" twice

Anonymous

Well, stick at it and believe in what you want... and you'll get it... for sure.

Please contact me for information on our company re: travel positions.
    1-800-780-8786.
    Ask for Patti

To ALL

Well, I have received info from some of you. I would like brochures from more please (not phone calls at this time)....I want to look at your material and then I will call you. It gets too confusing. Those who have called and not sent a brochure I have most likely already forgotten. Esp. the ones that called and woke me up (I work days AND nights) (Randy...you sent an application and skills checklist, I need info on your company please).

I am spending this next year 'getting ready'. The only thing that might speed me up is a really good offer to Alaska or Hawaii ....barring that I am spending the next year broadening my skills to include pre/post angioplasy unit...I work Cardiac/Telemetry and Transitional Care at this time as well as PRN Home Health (going to drop that, already have 7 years anyway).

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Please send info to me : Sharon McLaughlin, 10686 Rosewood Road, Elizabeth, Indiana 47117

Hi, we are a travel company in Colorado Springs, CO
    I would be happy to help you, we are a honest reliable company, I would be there to help you every step of the way
    the website is www.qshift.com and if you give me your name and address and speciality I would be happy to send you info
    and information on current opportunities available.
    Thanks
    Jennifer Saunders
    800-733-6877 x 129

Send your info to.... Sharon McLaughlin, 10686 Rosewood Road,
    Elizabeth, Indiana 47117....thanks......I lookded at your web site, looks good, but, no Short or long term disability??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast