Thread: Input on Washoe Medical Center in Reno Nevada?

Question Input on Washoe Medical Center in Reno Nevada?

Hi All

I am considering an assignment at the above referenced hospital in Reno. It actually has changed it's name recently to Renown Health. Was hoping for info from any and all. There are no reviews on this site and I will check Highway Hyperdermics. Thanks for any help you can give

Labor Witch

Smile Re: Input on Washoe Medical Center in Reno Nevada?

Hello! Just wanted to tell u that I have had travel nurse friends that worked at Washoe and loved it. In fact they signed several contracts and went back for a couple more assignments. Now that is is Reknown or whatever it is, I have no idea. I contacted them but never got contact back. This was for a permanent position. What kind of travel positions do they have? I hope things work out for you.

Donna

Re: Input on Washoe Medical Center in Reno Nevada?

my wife and i had a travel assignment there, it was no picnic, but no ER is. reno is reno, and its a tough place to work. all i can say is good luck. we won't be going back, we miss our friends, but not the hospital. ive heard of nurses absolutely loving the place, and some who loathe it.

i see you have also worked here. do you know if they are still cancelling contracts? and how the ER is currently? i've done 2 contracts there, when it was washoe, but it has been a few years since. i keep hearing about them cancelling contracts and don't want to get there and 2 wks later my contract get cancelled. any advice? thanks.

I still have friends that work in the er-chronicly understaffed. People only get a lunch break about half of the time. Rumors are that Renown is trying to sweep out travlers in Oct.-Nov. Renown is trying to stop all regular staff vacations at that time to make up for the travlers they won't have.