Thread: AnY Suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question AnY Suggestions

I'm not a new grad but I did just get my license and I'm having a horrible time finding employment time from graduation to license is 3 yrs. Any suggestions.

Re: AnY Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by djwRN BSN View Post
    I'm not a new grad but I did just get my license and I'm having a horrible time finding employment time from graduation to license is 3 yrs. Any suggestions.
    What speciality are you looking for? Do you need to take a refresher course. I don't know the time frame. 5 years sticks in my head. I've never been out of nursing for that long. LOL HMMMMM

Wink AnY Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by onetraveler View Post
    What speciality are you looking for? Do you need to take a refresher course. I don't know the time frame. 5 years sticks in my head. I've never been out of nursing for that long. LOL HMMMMM
    I'm not really looking for a speciality, I'm just trying to get started. I'm going to go on and get my MSN in Leadership and Management. Because that is what I really want to do. Refresher courses here are too expensive and they are really expensive when you don't have a job. So for now that is not an option for me now if someone offers to pay for it I will gladly go no questions asked. Otherwise it's on the job training which is what it's going to end up being w/wo a refresher course.

I'm not really looking for a speciality, I'm just trying to get started. I'm going to go on and get my MSN in Leadership and Management. Because that is what I really want to do. Refresher courses here are too expensive and they are really expensive when you don't have a job. So for now that is not an option for me now if someone offers to pay for it I will gladly go no questions asked. Otherwise it's on the job training which is what it's going to end up being w/wo a refresher course.
    Guess I wasn't too clear. Are you looking for M/S OB ER? That's what I meant by speciality.

Smile Re: AnY Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by onetraveler View Post
    Guess I wasn't too clear. Are you looking for M/S OB ER? That's what I meant by speciality.
    You were clear and it doesn't matter where I start I just need to start. At this point I would probably(maybe) work just about any where. I just want some good experience.

You were clear and it doesn't matter where I start I just need to start. At this point I would probably(maybe) work just about any where. I just want some good experience.

Well three years post graduation and just passing the boards probably won't get you into a highly specialized area of nursing.

I gave you some advice. You didn't seem to want it. I don't have a job for you. I guess it's better to stay unemployed than improve your odds with a refresher course.

Sometimes ya gotta spend money to make money. Didn't you spend money on your degree?
    :luck: :luck: :luck:

if you are seriously in need of a job that bad, pick up a sunday paper, or a copy of your state's monthly newsletter or magazine, and look at the job posting ads.

There are tons and tons of positions open.

If I needed a job tomorrow, I could get one at one of any number of nursing homes.

LTC may not be your cup of tea, but there's pretty much always a job there waiting for someone...

First of all let me start by saying to Onetravler, if I offended you I'm sorry. I came out here seeking advice from experienced nurses. But just as you thought I took your post wrong you definetly took mine wrong. All I was saying, is that it doesn't matter to me where I start in the hospital. I just want to get started. And to me you comments were not necessary as to whether I spent money on my education or my staying unemployed. I don't believe you wish me any luck and that is fine. I think your last post was very unkind but God Bless you Anyway,and I truly mean it. And Aaron C I check the classifieds and everywhere else too so before you all start with your snide remarks try and find out reasons okay. I know my post was brief because I was just asking a question. But I figured some one who was truly interested in helping or giving advice would ask why the lapse and before you ask yes, someone did inquire. But thanks for nothing. I will be fine. and just for the record I'm no longer seeking advice or suggestions.