Thread: Gift for nursing student

Gift for nursing student

Hello!
    My husband just began nursing school (he's 36!). I am so proud, and excited for him. I was wondering what a good "must have" gift would be for him for Christmas...he has the basics (stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, Mosby's nursing drug cards)...any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Gift for nursing student

I think either a PDA or a gift cert. for some REALLY good shoes would be appreciated, by me, at least! HAH, Merry Christmas!

Member Extraordinaire

probably just me but I don't want my spouse to get me something job related. I don't mind if my mother does or my secret pal from work but I'd like the spouse to get me something a little more personal and that doesn't include even little statues that say great nurse...but I had thought the exact same things above if that's what he likes.

Yes, actually something personal like a NEW CAR, convertible, would be sweeter! LOL

You could try "Chicken Soup For The Nurse's Soul" or some similar book of nursing stories or poetry. It will give him a bit of insight into the world he's about to enter.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursinga2z.com

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

I know this thread is ooold, but since it is Christmas....why not a gas card? I know it sounds hokey, but driving to and from clinicals can be a beast.

'Cat'

I know, I know, but better LATE than never. I happen to be a man and I also happen to be a nurse and the thing I have had my eye on (taking the above stated into account) is the new cordless power driver from DEWALT tools. No not the wimpy 12volt or the 18volt either I'm looking at that new 24volt baby the local Home Depot just got in. Now that is the perfect gift for a nurse in my book.
    Just a thought:luck:
    "BECAUSE I SAID SO" IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON.