Thread: Core Measures

Core Measures

Hello:

New to forum and was curious if anyone does collection of core measures?
    I work at Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown and do the collections.

Thanks

Carol

Re: Core Measures

HI everyone
    Just wanted to revisit.....thought there would be some comments about the core measures which are done in all the states of CHF MI INFECTION and
    PNEUMONIA.

Just curious how they are going at your hospital.... I am a nurse and work at the Lehigh Velley Hospital.

Just thought I would drop by again on this subject

Carol

Talking Re: Core Measures

Hi

I too am a Core Measures RN. I work at two a different hospitals. One full time and the another per diem. I have audited Core Measures since Core Measures were implemented in California. I started my nursing career right out of nursing school as a nurse reviewer. This occurred via an employment agency, and it was only to help the hospital get ready for their up and coming survey. I thought it would be a good asset to in my nursing career so I took the job. I never thought I would become a nurse auditor, but somehow I was hired at the contracting hospital as a full time auditor. Core Measures were introduced about the same time I was hired.

I have learned everything I could about all aspects of Core Measures. My goal was to eventually move to patient care in order to gain clinical skills, but somehow time passed, so all of my nursing years are now in quality. I am excellent at auditing and staff education. I work with many seasoned nurses (25 +) who come to me for help and questions about core measure criteria I have pretty much educated the entire staff of core measure RN‘s and hospital wide my services are requested to provide in-service. I guess this is my calling but I do feel guilty at times for not doing patient care.

I don’t even know if I could insert an IV, Foley and so on.. clinically I have a vast understanding of meds S/S, however my hands on skills were never perfected so I am sort of stuck in my situation. Still core measures seem to be the wave of the future so I guess as long as I stay current I will have a job. :whatever:

Re: Core Measures

Hi Patricia:

Wow what a journey with Core Measures for you......are you working in Pennsylania or are you still in California?

If you are in Pennsylvania how do you think core will impact ATLAS.....I think the contract is up in Jan 2008.

Would love to stay in contact with you.

Carol

If anyone else in here does Atlas ....what is your thought of Atlas coming to an end and CORE taking over.

Pennsylvania the only state Atlas in mandatory.