Thread: Dealing with a disruptive MD

Angry Dealing with a disruptive MD

Hello fellow Nurses, Does anyone have any other suggestions for dealing with disruptive physcians who constantly get written up for various reasons, get apparently counseled by Medical Staff only to come back to work laughing about the number of times they"ve been spoken to? I have been through retaliation by this physcian for being a whistle blower and administration is finally taking me seriously because I asked them for protection against retaliation and they couldn't provide it.. According to attorneys, theres no law against being a bully. I have everything documented and as much as nursing supervsors want to protect me, they cant :frustrated: because they have no power to stop him Its so sad.....I just want this dr. to stop his bad behavior.. (hes been in trouble before)

Re: Dealing with a disruptive MD

Quote Originally Posted by seasoned rn View Post
    Hello fellow Nurses, Does anyone have any other suggestions for dealing with disruptive physcians who constantly get written up for various reasons, get apparently counseled by Medical Staff only to come back to work laughing about the number of times they"ve been spoken to? I have been through retaliation by this physcian for being a whistle blower and administration is finally taking me seriously because I asked them for protection against retaliation and they couldn't provide it.. According to attorneys, theres no law against being a bully. I have everything documented and as much as nursing supervsors want to protect me, they cant :frustrated: because they have no power to stop him Its so sad.....I just want this dr. to stop his bad behavior.. (hes been in trouble before)
    IMHO He's having a blast jerking your chain. And as long as you let him seems to me he'll continue. :luck:

I once told a Dr to; "Take a valium like a normal person.", she and I are on good terms today. If I see her and I can tell she is having a bad day all I do is ask her if I should go to the Omni Cell for her and she smiles and (poof) no more angry Doc.

I have also seen two women Dr.'s get into it. Wow, is that a sight. Ever try to sort out two charts that have been thrown across the table and burst open and...........well you get the point. Realy comical if your watching it from the safety of the breakroom with a sheat of safety glass between you and the Dr.'s. Hmmm (note to self, ask maintanance about bullet proof glass for breakroom.):eek:
    "BECAUSE I SAID SO" IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON.

stonewall him, be deaf. hold his charts. do not answer to his pages. none of this can be directly attributed to you either. you are totally innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by yogibear View Post
    stonewall him, be deaf. hold his charts. do not answer to his pages. none of this can be directly attributed to you either. you are totally innocent.
    Of course "I'm" inocent.:shades_smile:

What kind of Nurse do you think I am?:devil_smile:

Uh, on second thaught don't answer that, the truth could shatter my EGO.:27:
    "BECAUSE I SAID SO" IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON.