Thread: cost, timing of drug screens!

cost, timing of drug screens!

Does anyone know the average cost of the random drug screening and how often the screens are done? What about when you are on vacation, on an ocean? I'm just entering the program in MA for diversion and they are slooow to answer questions. Thanks!

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Re: cost, timing of drug screens!

Quote Originally Posted by dlf2007 View Post
    Does anyone know the average cost of the random drug screening and how often the screens are done? What about when you are on vacation, on an ocean? I'm just entering the program in MA for diversion and they are slooow to answer questions. Thanks!
    I'm not sure about MA but in CA we test approx 2 a month at $67.00 a pop which includes $52 for the test and $15 for the collection. You can go several weeks without a test however then get hit with two or three in a row.

As far as traveling - Again in California all travel must be approved and test site are arranged - if no test site in available they may not test you while you are gone but you will be tested soon after you return.

Re: cost, timing of drug screens!

Where I screen, also in CA, the cost is $16 per test and then $47 is taken from my checking account when the test is complete (usually about 7 days.) In CA, as long as you have been compliant with all terms of your contract, I have found them very lenient about my going out of town. I went to Mexico last year for ten days (unable to call the number or test) and diversion was fine with that. I also requested NOT to test one day when I attended my sisters college graduation in Illinois and they agreed to that as well.

Smile Re: cost, timing of drug screens!

One more thing I wanted to add to happyg8ful post; which is very accurate. I found that when I returned to patient care with narcotic access my testing increased dramatically; last year I never tested less than 3 times a month; sometimes 5 times. I tested 37 times in 2006 alone. I was granted transition on January 24, 2007 and since then they have decreased it to twice a month.
    Only 267 days left; not that I am counting!