Thread: Wish to go to school at 40

Wish to go to school at 40

Hello All! Can anyone recommend a good nursing program in Florida. Will be relocating there soon. Looking forward to the challenge. Where are the best ones? Thank you for any help you can give.

Re: Wish to go to school at 40

Good for you! Never too late to go to nursing school. Let us know where you will be living and your level and area of education. There are many programs out there. Surf the net for Nursing Schools in Florida. Call hospitals in your area and ask them what programs they suggest. I know a hospital that has joined with a local university to train baccalaurate degree (non-nurses) to pass boards in 18months! That is pretty scary but that is what employeers are willing to do to answer the shortage problem. I guess it is better than subbing out to other nations who are willing to get in here and work for pennies on the dollar. Good Luck! God's Speed! We need you!!!!

Try searching at allnursingschools.com

It's a pretty good site for school information.

Hi and congratulations ....I have just received my RN (in August) and I am 48. While I have great respect for those few who enter school early with spouse and small children, I must say that there is no way I would have have been able to do that! So good luck to you and keep in touch............

Wow, good for you!! I am an LPN enrolled in RN program at the age of 43(am I already that old, lol). It's never too late to go back to school no matter what field one chooses. The other day, I was doing a "flu clinic" and the other nurse that I was working with was 68 yrs young. I was shocked as she looked 50, was sharp as any 20 something nurse that I've seen etc.......I can't even picture myself working at the age of 65 let alone 68. I do believe that age is only a number and shouldn't limit us. I look forward to becoming an RN as it will open many new doors for me. With nursing, you are always learning, nobody knows it all and if somebody states or acts as if they do, beware........
    I look forward to meeting others, I have just joined here.

JULES