Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Semester Finals are this week

First Semester Finals are this week

IT took me 4 weeks to pass my 90s test in calculations. each test got progressively hard. without passing the 90s test, we couldn't take finals. Now finals are here and I'm stressed. I tried studying all weekend by typing out notes, but that got too lengthy and it took me all weekend just to type up 9 chapters in the 22 chapter A and P book. I just dont't have good study skills. I haven't been to this board in a while, been too engrossed in school and then with my home life too. Just wanted to pop in and say hi and see how many new students were here. write soon.. Rebecca

Re: First Semester Finals are this week

Our finals are over next week and I only have A & P left too....I'm love this program but this course seems to be my nemisis...it gets me everytime....I have made mneumonics for just about everything....but am now getting them all mixed up. HOpe that you're finals went well.

Our finals were Dec. 13 and 14. And fortunately all I had were Legal/Ethical and Nursing Fundamentals. Others were having to do Health Assessment, and a few had to deal with a few left over pre-reqs. Our Fudamentals tests were getting harder and harder. Our final consisted of 115 questions and covered everything. The day after our test the Instructor was said to have been very upset with the grades. Class average was 74, so she felt she had to do a little constructive bookwork, or 45% of the class would have failed. But even with that said, we still lost 5 students. This was a very rude awakening to the hazards of nursing school. I got an A in Legal/Ethical and a B in Nursing Fundamentals. But instead of enjoying the Christmas break, I will be trying to get a head start on next semester. Point to the story is that you can't take anything for granted and each day presents a new challenge. Just have to be prepared to step up for each one.

Have a very Merry Christmas

Jerry

SN2BRN good luck .

My biggest concern was science in nursing, thogh I study hard I was sure I'd fail the unit - but, I passed it.

Finals were a breeze for me. It was state board. I am one of those that took it when it was stubby pencil and paper. It took 2 days. After the final session I walked out to my car and tossed my cookies I vomited so bad I thought I was going to rip inside out. I have been shot at, I have sky dived and other risky things and they never made me feel like state boards did.

I know that the exam will be alright...it's just very nerve racking...well that was until i found out that I only need about 15% on the final exam to pass the course! I was very excited about that...so I know that I can do it...it just means that everything above 15% makes me have more than a 50% which is a very good thing.
    An aside: I'm very glad that I found this site...it's a neat place

Yep, I think you will do just fine. One thing I always did. Study every night. The night before a test go have a good time, have a few drinks (NOT to the point of hang over) DO NOT open my books. And before you enter the classroom stay away from the last minuet panicky stricken people with their flash cards. They can mess up a mind in a heart beat.
    #1 Take care of things as they need to be done
    #2 Always relax
    Life will take care of it's self.

That's awesome advice....I'm definitely going to be trying it out second semester...but I did avoid those crazy flash card people....I never got into those flash cards...don't really understand them

One other thing I can't stand, THE CRAMMER. I had a study group. One or two of the people would always miss a Saturday now and then. This one kid (I was 38 yo in school) called me and told me he was riding in bicycle races all weekend. He wanted to come over and CRAM for the test in the morning. I told him I was on my way out to have a few drinks and do some dancing. he had his priorities, and one of them was not Nursing School. Well he failed, and what came out of his mouth I could not believe. "It was the teacher who made the stupid test. " DAHHHHHHHH!. He even felt "they" were out to fail him.

GET A GRIP BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

So I got some results....turns out I'm allowed to stay for another semester....YAY!!!! I am glad that there was a little break between the semesters...a whole 12 days, but that's alright...I kinda miss being there and seeing all my new found friends...I'm glad that I found this place now and not in my last semester of 4th year...I think that this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship with random people who have made it through what I am doing. THANK YOU!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast