Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why Apologize for Being an LPN?

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Why Apologize for Being an LPN?

Oh, the number of times that I (as an LPN) noticed something the dang doctor didn't. And how often do WE see the patient vs. the doctor?! Enough said!

I have been an LPN for almost 20 years and I also hear all the reasons I should go back to school... but the truth is, I don't want to. I love being an LPN, I love my job and it is a job I couldn't do as an RN. Not that I couldn't, but you don't see many RN cart pushers in nursing homes LOL. This is where I want to be and this is where I want to stay. God bless RN's...but I'm needed here!

wow, i really admire your passion of being an LPN. God bless you!

Smile Re: Why Apologize for Being an LPN?

I just have to say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being an LPN! I to get frustrated when people want to know if you are an RN or an LPN especially if it is the family members. It is like you can't do a good job unless you are an RN. I know some RN's that are not to intellegent and some LPN's that are brilliant so I don't think it is necessarily the initals behind your name as it is what you put into it. I am currently in school now for my RN but it is just because I love to learn and want to be able to take even better care of my family!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123