Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nurse Abuse

Nurse Abuse

KY Surgeon In Court For Allegedly Hitting Nurse

New Media Producer: Kerry Corum

A western Kentucky doctor has a date in court Monday morning. He was suspended for harassment when a nurse says he hit her.

Doctor Bruce MacDougal, a plastic surgeon at Regional Medical Center in Madisonville, allegedly became upset when he couldn't access a piece of equipment for a procedure in the emergency department.

A nurse reportedly brought him the equipment, and that's when the nurse says he hit her in the back.

The incident allegedly occurred in front of several employees.

MacDougal is due in court at 9:00 Monday morning, to face the misdemeanor charge which carries a penalty of up to 90 days in jail and a $250 fine if convicted.

http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.a...p;nav=3w6oTs99

~Since when is hitting someone in the back "harassment?" I would call that ASSAULT, wouldn't you?~

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Nurse Abuse

that's just south of me it's said he is a jerk. One of my bestfriends who's a CST was hired for him for a while

Since when is hitting someone in the back a misdemeanor?

Where do they get off just charging him with that - he assaulted her, in front of witnesses!

He should be in jail for assault and battery.

Ah, the "good ole boy" network....doncha love it.

Member Extraordinaire

we had one a few years back who was an AWFUL surgeon let alone an awful person...throwing things in the OR and pushing staff (none of which went to court) but when the doc left turns out he had lots of malpractice in many states and he hadn't been checked out because he was from this small town so he had to be wonderful. People would come in for fem/pop and end up amputated with big open wounds. This was when I did home health and we'd have to make visites 3 times daily for dressing changes. He's "retired" now in Fla with lots of cases pending. But he was so abusive to staff don't know how he ever got away with it....also have a storage room full of all of the instruments he had to have that the hospital spent $$$ for the wonderful man.

[ QUOTE ]
    But he was so abusive to staff don't know how he ever got away with it....

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">He got away with it because he's a surgeon, and therefore, "God." I used to work at a hospital where one of the surgeons was called "The Butcher." Staff said they wouldn't allow him to take off a hangnail of theirs.....everyone he operated on ended up in ICU, with open, gaping wounds........{{{shudder}}}</font>

Doctors! They're the worst!

We had a obgyn with a temper. Once during a c-section he threw a bloody bulb syringe at one of the nurses which came in contact with her eyes. This was one of many fits he had thrown in the past. He ended up going to anger management and he was put on prozac. He is now a wonderful man and so nice to work with. I always say "a little prozac is often a huge blessing".

Member Extraordinaire

we wanted to get a prozac lick at one time in the middle of the unit....like deer have a salt lick

No the Prozac lick needs to be in the doctors lounge along with a xanax water cooler.

I had posted some were in here about the cardiologist that grabbed the nurse by the throat, The nurse has been trying for a long time to get him prosecuted but no one will touch it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast