I would like some advise as to how to proceed in terms of my nursing education.

I have a previous BA in Psychology, completed a post-bac premed program, worked in clinical research for a couple years, and recented completed my first semester (out of six) in a BSN program. I love learning the material, but I don't know if I could be making "better use" of my time.

My school recently decided to start a direct entry masters program (FNP or MSN) for second degree bachelor students with non-nursing degrees. The program is similar to many of the other direct entry masters programs, with one year of intense preparation, taking the NCLEX-RN, then completing the FNP program in about 2 years.

I have spoken previously to a couple teachers and co-workers about this, but I would like other opinions as well. Some say that obtaining a BSN/RN first, working for a couple years, then entering the masters program is a better route as you will have more clinical experience, and a chance to practice skills learned in school. Do people (patients, coworkers, etc) prefer that NPs have experience as RNs first? Is there any negative things about completing the accelerated route to an NP?