Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NANDA nursing diagnosis

Anonymous

NANDA nursing diagnosis

Hello, I am a student nurse (LVN), and had a question about one of the NANDA nursing diagnoses. What exactly is a diagnosis of "Disturbed Energy Field" referring to? I thought it might have something to do with electrolyte balance, but I am not sure. Any information on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Anonymous

Re: NANDA nursing diagnosis

The DX "disturbed energy field" can be traced back to a particular nursing theorist that believed that the body has an energy field that surrounds it and that when that energy field is disturbed it leads to illness. I should be able to remembe the theorist right now but I can't... I'd have to look it up. It might have been Martha Rogers or something like that . Anyway. for what its worth... thats where that DX came from.

You can read more about the diagnosis and related therapies here:

"NANDA, the North American Nursing Diagnosis Association, in 1994, adapted the nursing diagnosis: "Disturbed Energy Field". The definition of the diagnosis is: "A disruption of the flow of energy surrounding a person's being which results in a disharmony of the body, mind and/or spirit".

The Healing Touch program teaches the healing philosophies and methods of well known healers, such as Alice Bailey, Dr. Brugh Joy, Rosalyn Bruyere, Barbara Brennan, Rudy Noel, Rod Campbell and Janet Mentgen. Throughout the program students enhance their self-understanding and intuitive skills.

Research in Healing Touch has a great start and several studies have been completed with more underway. Healing Touch International has employed a nurse researchers to coordinate and track Healing Touch research. Currently we have a 80 page printout description of past, current and proposed HT research projects posted on our web page."
    http://stevehtouch.bizland.com/Info/Information.htm

Will be interesting to see if it will catch on with insurance companies a chiropractic did. That's the true test of a new therapies acceptance into the mainstream.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursing.com

Anonymous

Think Therapeutic Touch, Reiki, Polarity. There is great value in those complementary therapies.

Anonymous

This actually refers to a "disruption of the flow of energy surrounding a person's being, which results in a disharmony of mind and spirit."(Ackley, 2004)This has more to do with how a person is reacting to a change in their environment and their state of being and not as much to do with physiological changes.

Anonymous

your definition would be too general in describing the patient's reaction to the situation.In fact "disruption of energy field" is very vague as well. It says nothing of what exactly is being affected by the disruption of the energy field, or, how it is being affected. It lumps together the spirit, emotions, and psychology of a person.

Anonymous

Energy field? Are you kidding??

Ying and Yang has been the focus of the chines people for thousands of years. Must be some thing to it. The mind is a powerful tool. It can create illnesses through mental stress or disharmony of emotions. This has been proven true through scientific method. Thus, would not the inverse be true. The mind can heal the body (To a POINT).

Now back to NANDA - Distrubed enerty feild - new one on me.

Anonymous

Do you think it could be electricolights

Anonymous

Electricolights are what I hang outside the house at Christmastime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast